What's new

Bravo D1 $199.99 Upscaling DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
The Samsung DVD-HD931 ($300) outputs 480p, 720p, and 1080i thru DVI only, including copy protected material. The Bravo D1 ($200) is the same. The Samsung has DVD-A; the Bravo does not. Bravo is being released this Weds; Samsung Q2 2003.

So anyone have any plans on purchasing this unit out and tesing it? I kinda want to for testing purposes against my Rp82 not to mention to see if the scaling feature improves the pq over the internal scaler of my Hitachi 65swx. Hmmm

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
nice...where did you order it from? I am going to check around to see if i can find a few places that sells it.

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator
The Sammy has the new Faroudja DCDI chipset as well. I'm anxious to see how the Bravo fares. I have an HDCP compliant DVI port on my VVega.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Yeah, I have a HDCP compliant DVI port on my projector as well. I'll probably be picking up the Sammy when it's out. *sigh* I have too many electronics products lying around.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
nice pics!

Waiting in anticipation of more reviews! I wonder if this player will do a better job than my Hitachi 65swx20b internal scaler at 1080i? Also interested like many others i am sure whether its pq is better than a rp82,xp30/50.....and if so once scaled enough to notice on a RPTV?

Ahh the joys of new toys

:)

Devin U

Second Unit
Also, did the dvi cable come with the player? I havent really looked around for the cables, but they can be pretty expensive, right (as opposed to low to mid level s-video and componet cables). Not having to shell out another 50-75 dollars on a cable would make this very apealing.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I really like the DVD player. Still haven't had that much time to play around with it, but hopefully will have more in the week to come. As Jarrett said, there's no DVI cable supplied. That one I have there is a fiber optic 35' cable (ouch... $$$$). The quality is noticably better through the DVI output.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Yeah, that $400 DVI cable is fiber optic. I tried 3 of near that length from BetterCable and couldn't get the results I was looking for, so I had to go with a $$$ one, unfortunately. :frowning:

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member

WOW! A $400 cable for a $200 DVD player! Where's the justice in this world? I'd like to see the optic converters behind that back panel jack - must be a crowded little assembly.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
pardon my ignorance, but how can a DVI cable be optical? If it is optical then it can't be called DVI, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks