What's new

Brad's Briefs: Truck Turner (1974) (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Good day folks. Finally got to view my new Blu of Truck Turner (1974) which is my first foray into the 70s Blaxploitation genre (second if you count the James Bond classic Live & Let Die (1973)). Anyone who is a fan of Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry films will like this one.

I'm not much into the blaxploitation genre itself but I ordered this movie for two big reasons:

1. Issac Hayes

2. Nichelle Nichols (wow!! no wonder she's on my Top 10 List Of Most Beautiful Women Who Ever Lived).

truck-turner-et-cie-1974-02-g.jpg

The Movie: I kinda knew what to expect and it was definitely violent though not quite up to what you get nowadays. I loved Issac Hayes in the role of Truck Turner (full disclosure, I'm a big fan of his music, sadly he's no longer with us) but I in my opinion, he did need a little more acting experience. But the romantic crooner side of Issac Hayes (think Barry White) was allowed to come through at times and this enhanced the movie quite a bit.

And Nichelle Nichols, OMG, this lady is fantastic, and continues so to this day. It would have been nice during her Star Trek days if she was allowed (in a role) to assume command of the USS Enterprise. She would have been killer as a starship commander (though of course that simply was not done during the 1960s). Note: she did actually assume command during one episode of Star Trek TAS (The Animated Series, 1973-1974) called "The Lorelei Signal").

Technical Aspects:

Picture Quality: 4.65: Some grainess shows in a few scenes but mostly a very clean transfer (in all honesty, I wasn't looking too hard for dirt or scratches). Nichelle Nichols in her outfits was alone worth the Blu-ray.

Audio Quality: Well, quite good. Noticed that the gunshots didn't quite carry the "bang" of later films (or Dirty Harry films) but I was pleased with the sound.

If you're a Dirty Harry fan, this film is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I'd recommend it simply for Issac Hayes and Nichelle Nichols in the same film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks