What's new

Bought a Widescreen TV! Now I'm scared... (1 Viewer)

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I have instructions on the service menu convergence. Seems a little daunting, but I'll give it a shot. Is the "user convergence" you mentioned a part of the Avia routine?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
No, convergence is not an explicit part of the Avia routine although some people like to use certain Avia test patterns like the cross hatch to help do convergence (and geometry correction).

Personally, I would suggest waiting for the 100-hour break-in before doing fine convergence (and any fine geometry corrections). It's quite time consuming, and your set will almost certainly drift by the end of the break-in period. Do the user level convergence though since that's usually pretty quick and simple.

And remember to let the set warm up for at least 30-45min before calibrating.

_Man_

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Just like Man-Fai said. Do a user convergence and a quick Avia when you get the set. Wait 100 hrs. then do a fine tune Avia and a service convergence. It does seem daunting, but it really is not that bad. It is time consuming because you have to service converge all possible display modes - Full, Normal, Theater-wide 1,2,3 (your mode names may vary) - seperately, one at a time.

Oh yeah, what to watch first: Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring SE, without a doubt. It's not the HTF DVD of the Year for nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks