What's new

BOSE apologist extravaganza (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I have some bad news for you, you and other folks who know too much about audio only represent %5 of the home theater buying population, sounds crazy but its true.
You keep throwing around this 95% vs. 5% figure like it is a fact without ever providing a single source for it. Considering the number of companies selling speakers and other equipment, and the number of stores focused on this, your statistics are rather dubious.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Ooops, I hit submit to soon, let me continue.

The reason I provided that link to the 3-way Bose speaker in Japan is to show that you can't just put a company in a bad catagory based on the only products you know.
Most of the bose bashing is directed at the accoustimass crap. Also, joe six-pack doesn't know anything about these speakers. Bose spends a ton of money on marketing the accoustimass, and when someone who doesn't know anybody brings up bose, they are more often than not (in my experience) speaking of accoustimass. That's the biggest thing they market, and that's the biggest ripoff they have.

You've come here and bashed people about their bashing of bose and the impression it makes, but in the process you've made a pretty poor impression of yourself. You've gone onto make it sound like you're trying to bring a bit of intelligent discussion to this forum. Well if you looked around a bit you'd see there's plenty of it. There's a lot more to HTF than just the bose bashing. And if anyone was doing research on bose and came across this forum, they'd see that too. They'd also see that bose is almost universally despised among all the audio/home theater forums on the web.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
There's also another thing that is also not pointed out Cameron, even if the item is cheap or expensive if it can't do the job it shouldn't even be out there to be bought if the company has any sort of moral compass whatsoever. Just because something is legal doesn't necessarily make it right.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
zinnngggggg...
the sound of Cameron's fishing rod catching a few audio tyees :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
But you know, I'd LOVE to know some stats like frequency response on my old 301 series IIIs. Anyone?
Me too, for my 401's that I have setup in the guest suite. Want to fire off an email together to Bose? Power is numbers ya know :laugh:
Actually I'm betting that the sensitivity for these are around the 85db range. Bose are just about the most inefficient speakers I have ever tried to push. Want to make your amp work 2 or 3 times as hard as it should? Just hook up a pair 201s, 301s, 401s yadda yadda yadda....

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Hey, I have 301 series 4's in the bedroom (retired from the main system). I got these on sale and they sound pretty good, but not good enough for my main system.
I went to CC to purchase a set of Bose 701's for my mains when I blew the old MCS's that I had since college. The sales rep said you can do alot better for the money and turned me on to Polk. I purchased them for cheaper and a better reproduction to music. Since then they have been retired with the bose to my bedroom system and I have all Klipsch Reference in my main theater.
Now I have in the past "had fun with" slamming Bose just for entertainment's sake, which was wrong. I have also defended a person right to purchase what they want as we do live in a free country with plenty of information to inform ones decision. I also remember the 901's from the 70's that sounded great. My father would probably love the Acumass system as he knows no better and does not care too.
However I remain dedicated to the fact that overall Bose produces an expensive, substandard product. Can Frequency response really tell us how they "sound". Gosh, I've heard DMC speakers that have a low frequency response that I thought the Bose sounded better than, which I am sure (no proof:D) had a better responce graph.
Cameron, perhaps you did not intend to offend, but the way you worded your statements was rather "brash" and "condescending". I did enjoy the banter though.

Keith Martin

Auditioning
Cameron is simply a troll. He dug up a thread that hadn't been posted in in over a month.
Why bother "debating" him. He's not going to change his mind and neither is any of the well informed, intelligent people on this board.
BTW, if you're unfamiliar with the term troll then look it up.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Attention everyone:
This "CameronJones" character has been here at least twice before claiming to be a "debater" and an expert on all things Bose and Elvis Presley. Please do not respond to his obvious trolling. Meanwhile, I am handling the little matter admins must all deal with from time to time.
If you care to continue discussing Bose's product, please do so. Though, of course, good speaker systems make much more sense!
JB

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am glad I came across this thread I almost passed out from laughing so hard :laugh:
Yep the power of the Video Stage 5 mmm powerful it is mmm
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Yes it mst be true because Bose tells us it's true. That must be my so many Bose Wave Radio get retured! Everytime I see a Bose demo at Curcuit City or Frys Electronics I shake my head. Of course they only need 60 watts look at the size of the drivers, lmao. My brothers son has a cheap boom box that has bigger speakers, lol. The bose sounds like a lacluster pile with a mini sub. There is a lack of detail the soundstage sucks and it sound like a cheap pair of mids and highs with a sub added to add the dilusion that if produces the entire spectrum. I would like to see there cube speakers miked up to a spectrum analizer as well. Bose is overpriced and not all that great. If it came down in price it would be perfect for older people who live in retirement apartment comunities that have a fraction of there hearing. Bose, Fisher, Teac, Symphonics just junk :thumbsdown:
But for realls everyone this thread made me laugh !
Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Chad V,

You want good, you want small?

Paradigm Cinema's
Energy Take 5.2

Both will definately out perform the bose system.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Zig: Ohh No, Somebody set up us, the Midbass
Video Stage-5:All your Bose are belong to us! Ha Ha Ha Ha...
Zig: Quick, Throw me a real Tweeter!
Video Stage-5: Make your time... The PVC Pipe ownz you.. Ha Ha Ha Ha...
Zig: Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
:D

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Hey Brett whats the name of that game your quoting from, I just got a Genesis and might buy it, is the gameplay any good?
Daniel Smith
"Someone set us up the bomb"
"How are you Gentleman"
"All your base are belong to us"

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Daniel,
Ahh heck lemme think... (I don't have it...)
X-Wing or something like that? Do a yahoo search for
"All your base are belong to us" and it will bring up
the related web sites and they say what game it is..
I am not a gamer I just find it hillarious :)

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Daniel - it's a European game if I'm not mistaken. It's not even that good, from what I hear. It just happens to have one of the funniest Babelfished Japanese translations - I heard the 'localization' (i.e. translation) team on that game was one guy with an japanese-english dictionary.

It is EASY to find online, though. I wouldn't waste your time buying the cartridge.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Know a really good sub-$1,000 system that's amazingly transparent with seamless transitions throughout the octaves? I do. It's the Acoustic Research HC6 suite, and it has made my bedroom a beautiful-sounding place to be. In some ways I like it better the Energy Encore system.

And, anyway, all your base are belongs to us.

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Best Buy the other day shopping for Christmas gifts when I discovered THE TRUTH.

To give a little background information on myself, I am a consultant for an international banking institution, and my job affords me the opportunity to own nice things. Even though I travel 8 months out of any given year, I enjoy my time at home with my cars, my collection of Incan artifacts, my home entertainment systems, and my housekeeper, Holly.

Without going into detail on the cabling and esoteric products I once owned for my music and video systems, I will simply say that I was once the proud owner of Wilson Audio, Halcro, Mark Levinson and Runco products. I had it all. I had attained audio nirvana, and I never looked back.

That was until last Tuesday when I was Christmas shopping at my local Best Buy.

I had already selected the DVD's I needed for gifts and was about to proceed to the checkout counter when someone in the home theater section turned up a piece of music. I could tell that it was a system I had never heard before.

When the sound first hit my ears I simply smiled and continued walking towards the checkout. I knew I would be home within the hour enjoying a real system! However, something just wasn't right.

For some reason my ears were tuned to the sound of the music gently playing above the sound of holiday shoppers browsing the compact discs and cellphones.

"What system is that?" I kept asking myself, still walking towards the front of the store. "Revel Studios and BAT amplification, or maybe Martin Logan and Krell?", I wondered. "Does Best Buy sell hi-end equipment?" I knew it must have been a system comprised of components I wasn't intimatly familiar with, because it was a sound more glorious than any I had ever heard. Even from the other side of the store it rivaled my own home theaters.

I had stopped in my tracks. The sound was pulling at me.
The sound was urging me, no, driving me to turn around and walk towards it's source. I hadn't realized it, but I had dropped the DVD's I was holding. I began walking towards the source of the sound, and the closer I got, the more magnificent it became. I rounded the corner of a battery display and saw a few people standing in awe in front of something small. "Was that the source of the music?", I wondered. My pulse quickened as I neared it, and finally I was close enough to gain a full appreciation of the
wonder I was hearing.

There it was. In all of it's sculpted, miniscule glory sat the true meaning of audio nirvana, the Mona Lisa of paintings, the David of sculptures. I had discovered the Hope Diamond. I had discovered the Ark of the Covenant. I had discovered..............BOSE!

Each room in my 6,500 square foot home, which once contained tens of thousands of dollars worth of stereo and video equipment, now contains a brand new Bose Lifestyle system instead, and my life will never be the same. This has been the greatest holiday season ever for me and my housekeeper, Holly, and I will forever be greatful to Dr. Amar Bose for his contribution to the world of high-end audio.

As Holly and myself enjoy LOTR tonight, at theater reference levels on one of my many Lifestyle systems, I can only smile at how my life has forever been changed by the power of Video Stage 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks