BOSE apologist extravaganza

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Oscar_R, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

this is from a hometheater thread at another forum i lurk at.
    Figured you guys would be amused.

__________________________________________________ ________
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    qirex came out of the closet to say:
    Bah! Real men have kevlar cones:

The Bose bookshelf speakers aren't awful, it's just that for the price you pay for the Bose name you can get some serious hardware from other manufacturers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm an Inbound Sales Representative for Bose Corporation. I can tell you that our Lifestyle Systems are a bit pricey, but in terms of sound quality there is no competition. If only you understood the power of Video Stage 5.

Oh and if anyone has any questions reguarding Bose Sound Sytems(I can answer anything), then ask.

response:

Why does Bose refuse to publish frequency response and efficiency statistics? Or wattage/THD ratings on their amplified stuff? How exactly does funneling mid-bass as well as bass to the "subwoofer" improve the "room-fillingness" of the lifestyle systems? What lame reverb tricks are you guys using so that you can claim that a 3-tiny speaker system can sound as good as real 5.1?

response

1. We dont publish the wattage ratings because if we did, no one would buy anything from us. The Acoustic Wave Music System is actually 60 watts, but it is capable of producing 115 decibels of sound. Most people that want to know about watts have no fucking idea what they're talking about. People automatically think that more watts means better sound. This just isnt true. You can get great sound from a system that doesnt use that much power. Just compare an Acoustic Wave to any similar system if you dont believe me.

2. Our Waveguide(TM) works in a similar manner to a flute. In a flute, sound is bounced off the interior of the instrument, amplifying the sound. Bose WaveGuide products work in a similar fashion. We reverb sound off an 80 inch waveguide in such a way that it produces deep rich bass.

3. Video Stage 5 is what makes the biggest difference in our Lifestyle systems. It can read and adjust for the acoustics in a room, giving you a sound thats perfect for your home.

I was given a demonstration of this technology a few weeks ago. The instructor put PVC pipes of varying lengths over all the speakers. Then she turned on the Lifestyle 35. Without Video Stage 5 it sounded horrible. But when Video Stage 5 was activated it(and i didnt fucking believe this either) automattically adjusted for the PVC pipe, and it sounded perfectly clear. This is something that must be seen and heard to be appreciated.

Bose puts more money into research than any other company. Period. We're a private company, and we fund the majority of our profits back into R&D. We have at any given time 500+ engineers working on projects at our headquarters in Framingham MA.

Bose is the best company I have ever worked for. They really value employee input and they make satisfying the customer the #1 priority. This is just an incredibly cool place to work.

BOSE 4 LIFE

2. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

sounds like you guys just dont understand the power of Video Stage 5

3. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Oscar,

I've very disheartened at your failure to understand the power of Video Stage 5.

Seth

4. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

*Please* mention the name of the forum [​IMG]

5. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

*vader breathing*
    "If you only knew the power of the Video Stage 5"
    *vader breathing*
    hahaha [​IMG]
    Seth

6. Patrick TX

Patrick TX Stunt Coordinator

Captain Kirk;

"Scotty, can you give us Video Stage 5?"

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

8. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Gotta love that line:

9. Mark R. Ososkie

Mark R. Ososkie Stunt Coordinator

LOL

link please?

10. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

11. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I don't know about you guys, but if I were an Inbound Sales Representative for Bose I wouldn't use the word "fuck" so much - at least, not if I wanted to keep the job...

12. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Resistance is futile...Stage 5 is the shiat.
    (no, I am not a trekkie)
    So I am gathering from this dialog that they also hire morons who believe their BS to market their crap. I guess someone has to shovel the manure. [​IMG]
    Just like I don't f*ing pay $100 for a pair of jeans or $50 for a damn T-shirt because it has some person's name on it, I won't pay for the crap that Bose sells just because it has their name on it.

13. Jonathan K

Jonathan K Stunt Coordinator

Naw, i've met plenty of people on this forum or that forum who are these Bose dudes, and they curse a lot... must be an unwanted side effect of the brainwashing process... I mean, there was this one guy called Nashman from the 3dsoundsurge forums... whew... those were the days...

14. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

15. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

What the f#*k [​IMG]
    Oscar, is that info straight from the brain washing... I mean training programs they give you. I would love to hear what else you have to say about the wonderful world of Bose. I'm sure everyone here has some great feed back as well [​IMG]

16. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Personally I wouldn't believe such an individual really works for Bose because just simply perusing all the forums that I just visited (which maybe don't even cover 1% of what is out there) there are way too many detractors with great statements of logic that would shred the Bose into finality of people really buy it because they lack the ability to differentiate the quality of sound (I personally believe is a learned response), lack knowledge of competitive products, and name recognition. Just simply arguing the logic that a system should have a flat response (and not tailor the sound, but hear what is on the source) and localization would make everying that the Bose could do as a postitive irrelevent.

17. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

OK... So the VS 5 thingy sounds great with PVC covering the speakers, but how do you think they sound with Rosanne, Oprah, Rosie, Me-Me, & Poverati all sitting on a speaker?[​IMG]

18. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter