What's new

Bose Acoutimass 10 adding a sixth cube fro DTS 6.1? (1 Viewer)

Eduardo Ma

Grip
hello

Just upgraded to a DTS reciver Onkyo TX-SR700
Is it possible to hook up a sixth cube that would be the rear center surround to have the advantage of DTS 6.1
Where can it be hooked? can it be on the center speaker with an extra filter to by pass low signals?
What else I can do?
Please any advise really appreciated

Ed
:b

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Christopher,

I don't think that would work. Not only does Bose not sell the Acoustimass cubes individually, you need to run the signal through the bass module. Otherwise, you'll blow the speaker. The reason for this is that there are some crossovers built into the bass module that redirects higher frequencies to the cubes and lower ones to the bass modules. If you send the full-range signal to the cube, it will blow.

Eduardo, I'm afraid you cannot get 6.1 sound out of your current system unless you replace the speakers.

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
Christopher,
You can have 6.1, jsut not with a Bose cube.
Simply buy a small speaker (bookshelf, surround, etc.)
and connect it to the rear center speaker terminal.
Trace

Eduardo Ma

Grip
hello all
Thanks for your help

Regarding a 6th cube:
I thinked by placing some kind of capacitor between the cube and the reciver, to prevent low frequencies burn the cube, I learned that in car audio and have installed mine that way, but just dont know wich type of capacitor to use, I done this a long time ago
Does this might sound right? or Im crazy?

About Trace recomendation: sounds fine, will try that, just wanted to have the 6 cubes would look better

Ed :D

TanT

Stunt Coordinator
Try to locate a local speakers building company and talk to them. They should be able to calculate which one you'll need.

Good luck.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Eduardo:

Its me again.. Thanks for you respnse in the receiver section!

Anyway, you can easily do this as everyone has said above.

You just have to redesignate the normal center channel on the Bose to the rear center channel on the 700 and remember what you did.

This can get more complicated if you ever fo to a 7.1 system.

I'm recommending it this way because you can get a lot better center channel than the Bose cube. And the Bose cube will work fine for the rear center.

Mike

Eduardo Ma

Grip
hello to all

Thank you very much for those great recomendations!

Richard: thanks for the link!
Tant: Bose guys in here might help, will visit them!

Mike: yours sound pretty good!
At the moment 7.1 can wait, but switching the froncube to the rear center and placing a center channel sound good

I will do some testing

And will let you all know

Ed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks