What's new

Borders B&M coupon - 15% off DVDs (20% off everything else) (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Original coupon must be redeemed at time of purchase. One offer per customer. One offer per transaction. Not combinable with any other coupon. Not combinable with classroom, corporate, nonprofit, institutional discounts. Not valid in Borders Outlet stores or at Borders.com. Not redeemable for cash. Offer excludes: previous purchases, purchase of paper or plastic gift certificates, shipping charges, non-stock special orders, newspapers, magazines and net items. DVD discount not to exceed 15%. Electronic merchandise discount not to exceed 10%. Valid only in Borders locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Coupon valid 6/14-6/20/02.
I used it yesterday without a problem.
Link Removed

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up She Wore a Yellow Ribbon for $11.98. The cashier didn't read the fine print and I got the 20%.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Thanks very much, I'm there later today. I also have a $5 off coupon from a Borders Visa card. Maybe I'll get luck & they'll take them both on the same order...

SusanO

Agent
My 2 Borders experiences from the last day of the sale were great I had planned to hit 3 of the 4 Houston area Borders but work was hectic so I only did 2 - Borders Westheimer and Borders Meyerland

At Houston Westheimer I picked up an out of print Radar Men From The Moon (a Troma Roan Group one for my boss's birthday) and a Chaplin First National film collection on image. Clerk sweetly told me he could only take off 15%. I told him to go ahead - my boss is going to *love* Radar Men

At Houston Meyerland just before 11pm I picked up a recalled Swamp Thing - it rang on sale for $9.99 (it's one of those $9.99 MGM titles). I also got an Adventures of Sherlock Holmes box set (the one that ran eons ago on PBS that stars Jeremy Brett) marked $16.99 (5 DVD set!)and an out of print West Side Story ($14.99). This clerk took 20% off! I gave my spare coupon to the man ahead of me for his Eminem DVD (I thought someone ought to use it) and he got 20% off too.

Thanks for the coupon heads-up!

GaryEA

Second Unit
Took a chance - they wouldn't accept it.
It expired, and no matter of sweet talking would get the manager (I politely asked for him) to budge. :frowning:
Thanks anyway for the tip!
-g

ben hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry they wouldn't budge...I used to be a manager with them for about 7 years and if the coupon was a day or 2 short we'd always go ahead and give the discount.

The climate differs from store to store though.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Here's a new one, valid 7/3 through 7/15.
Link Removed

GaryEA

Second Unit
Thank you for the new coupon!
Just a quick question; How do you get these coupons? Are you on Borders' mailing list?
The reason I am curious is because of the last time I tried to use a coupon (see my post above). It was expired, but I started to wonder afterwards if I wasn't supposed to have it in the first place.
I'd just hate to be asked at the register how I got it and fumble for a reason, though "internet coupon" sounds reasonable to me.
Sorry if this is a hush-hush topic. If it is, I understand. :)
Thanks.
-g
Edited for spelling.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
GaryEA: I just see them posted on the 'net although the last coupon was also available in many newspapers. My ready-to-go excuse/lie was: "I got it in an e-mail from Borders." But they didn't ask and probably won't. Good luck.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I saw it posted elsewhere on the internet. I'm not on any Borders e-mail list or anything like that. This one appears to be associated with UPromise.
And, since we're all friends here, a valid response if asked would be "A friend gave it to me." :)

GaryEA

Second Unit
Greg and Glenn,
Much obliged for the responses gentlemen.
If these coupons are available as widely as in newspapers or perhaps a company in-house flyer/magazine (the free ones they leave at registers and exits), then my concerns are moot. I'll simply say that it's an email coupon from the company. Or, if I'm in the mood, a friend gave it to me.
You'd think I would keep tabs on this stuff; I used to work at the Wayne/Willowbrook Borders for about a year (I took care of the video department and music special orders, and even attended the early DVD presentations.). I actually miss working there, but I digress.
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July guys!
Gary

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
I am on their email list and I get most (but not all) discount coupons they print in the newspaper. Signing up is easy, and they send you only a monthly newsletter, no spam.

The coupon email I get have a "Forward to a Friend" button, so I don't think they discourage wide circulation.

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the Coupon. I managed to talk a cashier at Border's to pricematch the website (despite the manager's reluctance; something stupid about wanting to find out the shipping and add that to the price to see if it was still cheaper) for the "I Love Lucy" discs and then she gave me the 20% off from this coupon!
Tomorrow I plan on going back to pick up books I need for school. Very much appreciate it!:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Just a related FYI - I got the same coupon offer in my local paper as a separate flyer: 20% off most things, 15% off DVDs, 10% electronics. Actually, looking at it now, there are two coupons, one for this week through the 15th, the other good from 16th to 25th.

Roy O

Agent
Thanks for the information on the coupon. I printed the one from upromise and picked up Bee Gees-One Night Only in DTS DVD for a 20% off savings. Not the easiest title to find at the B&M's around here and if you find one they're all about the same retail.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I was lucky enough to get 20% off my purchase today. I got Chaplin (Robert Downey Jr.), Head (the Monkees), and the Alpha Video version of Lon Chaney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks