What's new

Boondock Saints Fans, Your Day Has Come: (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Writer and director of The Boondock Saints has created a website chock full of Boondock stuff including message boards, merchandise, and the announcement of the sequel: Boondock II: The Second Coming.
I also picked up the new Fox release of the film today.I have learned so much about the movie from listening to the commentary, watching the deleted scenes, and browsing the boondock forum.
Hope you guys like it.
www.theboondocksaints.com

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hmm...Quite intersting. I don't know if I like the idea of a sequel though.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
C'mon now, Matt. From the original, it was obvious that a sequel was inevitable.

Here's a tid-bit from the writer's own mouth (keyboard):

Kelly W

Second Unit
I was at Blockbuster a few weeks ago and the clerk said that I *HAD* to see some movie called "The Boondock Saints". It was one of his top ten favorite movies of all time. I had never heard of it and made a mental note to check it out. I found out that the movie has a very devoted fan following and is considered a "cult" film. Well, I finally got around to seeing it yesterday, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out what all the fuss was about.

While I didn't hate the movie, I really want to hear from some fans. Enlighten me!

How do you view the movie? A hard-core action movie? A campy satire?

Do you laugh or cheer at the scene with Willem Dafoe near the end (with him in drag
)? I found it bordering on embarassing.

I usually love odd, "cult" movies. I am a fan of such movies as the Evil Dead series, Buckaroo Banzai, Reservoir Dogs, Repo Man, Six-String Samurai, Memento, etc. I fully expected to like Boondock Saints.

I thought the characters were all likeable. I just didn't see anything in the movie to set it apart from the crowd. Maybe this was all just a case of finding a "diamond in the rough", but I don't understand this movie's sudden popularity.

I'd like to get some feedback here and then I'll watch the movie again. Just tell me what I should be looking for.

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I love the original. I fear that they'll butcher it by making a poor sequel. I hope they don't.

Kelly W

Second Unit
The sequel is to be made by the same writer/director so there is a good chance that fans of the first should be pleased.

What are some of your favorite scenes/lines/moments in The Boondock Saints?

-Kelly

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
Easy - the cat :)
I, too, was introduced to this movie in Blockbuster. But it wasn't a recommendation, i just saw the movie on the shelf and happened to pick it up. Rented it, and the rest is history. I've now introduced alot of my friends to it and they all love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks