What's new

Bombs that probably deserved better (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
One more I wanted to mention was Last Action Hero with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I remember seeing this at the theater and thought it was pretty good. A parody of itself I guess.
Coincidently, I happened to pick this up tonight in the Wal-Mart bin for $5.88 so it HAD to be a quality movie.
It is enhanced WS & DD5.1 so I am looking forward to watching it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I just had another one in the back of my mind...

What about "Loser?" When I first saw the trailer for the film (and the behind the scenes featurette on HBO), I thought that this movie would be one of the big hits of 2000. Especially since the fact that the director was Amy Heckerling, who made "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Clueless." But to my surprise, the weekend it opened, it was a big disaster. When I finally saw it on cable, I thought it was very entertaining. Too bad more people haven't seen this one. It's very good.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I remember quite a few commercials boasting that it was the new Star Wars. But for some reason, I never saw it in the theater.
Interesting. I remember it being hyped as the new Blade Runner :)
Anyone out there like The Long Kiss Goodnight? I just bought the dvd the other day and it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. Plot is pretty crazy but it has an entertaining premise and I think Geena Davis did a good job and Samuel Jackson is genuinely hilarious. Actually, I'm kind of fond of Cutthroat Island too. Too bad the public didn't grok the Renny Harlin/Geena Davis experiment, especially in light of all the "against type" actresses who are dabbling in action movies now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks