What's new

Bollywood on Blu-ray (Heyy Baby) (1 Viewer)

troy evans

Screenwriter
That is good news. I hope they release Dhoom and Dhoom 2 on Blu-ray. Those two films are great and were my first introduction to Bollywood.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Interesting! I'll be keeping a close eye on the reviews of this. Bollywood studios have had some real bad issues with quality on DVD. But I love the films, so I'm interested if the quality is there.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The transfer is ok (occasionally noisy), but the source materials are poor to plain bad at times. Lots of film artifacts - stains, reel change markers, and just overall not-prepped-for HD film materials.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Sony has Saawariya scheduled to come out in another month or so. I imagine if it sells well, they may release other Hindi films in their catalog like Lagaan.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Unfortunately unlike Lagaan which is a great film and also huge success, Saawariya is netither and thus I hope Sony does not consider the sales of Saawariya as an indicator of potential sales of other Bollywood films.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
What about films like Devdas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam? It seems like HDDCS has never had a good release on DVD that I'm aware of but those of those films had success.

I have been out of the Bollywood scene for a while. I saw a few bad ones (including Road which I thought was awful) and just haven't kept up in a few years. I've been meaning to do some research and see what I've missed over the last few years. Anything you would recommend, Sanjay? I've enjoyed quite a broad spectrum of Bollywood. I enjoyed films such as Dil Se, Satya, Lagaan, Fiza, Kuch Kuch Kota Hai, etc.

arsh

Second Unit
Sony has LAGAAN, MISSION KASHMIR, so hopefully DECENT BLURAYS! on those. Metrodome had ASOKA..I look forward to a BLURAY on that one too. Rest, hopes are abysmal, for any quality stuff.

arsh

Second Unit

I agree, saawariya was such a crap, even in name of GOLD RAY, hard sell film lol

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Hi Jeff,

from last year I'd highly recommend OM SHANTI OM (a pure cinema-lover's delight, and with a color visual style and awesome soundtrack that screams out for a Blu-ray release), SHOOTOUT AT LOKHANDWALA for a fun and occasionally brutal crime film that harkens back to Hong Kong films from the 80s, and JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM, which, while poorly reviewed by some, is extremely entertaining, with several exhilarating song numbers, the best of which is a recurring number filmed in London's Waterloo Station. The dance-off at the end has energy to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks