Body clock out of whack

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Van Patton, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

I'm 18 and since it is the summer I have nothing to do until I go to college in late August. So this means my sleep clock is off. I hate not being able to go to sleep until 3 AM and waking up at 11:30 AM. Any suggestions on how I can start getting sleepy at 1230AM or before and waking up around 9 AM? Thanks!

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    Set your alarm and start getting up at 9. The rest'll follow suit in good time.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Work out during the day.. naturally gets your body tired and you'll sleep like a baby.

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Yeah, skip going to sleep at 3am and stay up until 11pm the next day. That will teach your clock a lesson it will not soon forget!

Glenn

5. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

I flip from the front side to the back side of the clock regularly without too much problem, but when I'm stuck in a rut like that I find Melatonin helps some.

"Set your alarm and start getting up at 9. The rest'll follow suit in good time."

I think that's good advice as well.

6. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Get up at 11:30AM and stay up till at least 10:00 PM the following day. Then, keep going to bed at the same time from now on. It'll be hard to do if you've never done it before, but it works. I find myself doing it before getting back into the daily grind after a long break. I always end up staying up till like 7AM when I have a week or more off. Just a night person I guess. To keep going to bed at the same time, avoid caffeine or other stimulants at least 4 hours before you go to bed. Also some people say getting more exercise helps, but I find that the more fresh air and activity I get the more awake and alert I become.

7. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Get a job.

--
    H

8. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I'll second working out/cardio. I seem to sleep much more soundly the nights I do cardio.

That, or get a copy of the Gone With The Wind DVD...that will put you right out!