What's new

Boardwalk Empire: Season Three (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_3998159
I'm curious who will end up killing Gillian*- Luciano or Nucky? Luciano isn't going to like having been suckered into giving up the info on going to Babette's and Nucky isn't going to be happy that his girl is most likely dead.
* Assuming that actually happens.
I wouldn't be surprise if Harrow knocks her off too.

Crawdaddy

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm kind of stuck on the entire bombing angle and wouldn't be surprised if Nucky arranges for Owen to deliver a special package to Rosetti. I would figure that Harrow is more likely to kill Gillian because of the Jimmy connection. Regardless of how it plays out, I would agree with Robert that there are going to be some bodies dropping over the final few weeks of Season 3.
- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What has been a lukewarm season has finally evolved into what looks to be a great finale.

Not sure if this is the final season or not, but things are definitely rising against Nucky, and
Rosetti has turned out to be the best character of the entire series.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_4000632
What has been a lukewarm season has finally evolved into what looks to be a great finale.

Not sure if this is the final season or not, but things are definitely rising against Nucky, and

Interesting. Personally, I think this has been the best season of the three. I never really liked the Jimmy character, as I felt his inclusion into otherwise semi-historical situations dragged the show down. His presence is still felt in his mother, and her story likewise drags. The growing tension between the syndicates, and the coming war--all set against the backdrop of the political and legal machinations--has been far more compelling than the "personal and intimate" story of Jimmy and Nucky.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_4000632

Why would this be the final season? Hell, they haven't got started yet with it only being 1923.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
After years of seeing Jack bauer got conked on the head half a dozen times a 'day' on 24 and have no problems once he awoke, I enjoyed seeing Nucky have real and scary problems after getting a concussion.
Ronald Epstein said:
and
His new hat has made a great character even better.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figured the guy in the crate was going to be Nucky's man who got sent to spy on Rosetti. Well, Nuck would have had this done sooner or later anyway. I liked Owen but, like Richard Harrow, I realize I'm sympathizing with a guy who does awful things.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Josh Dial /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_4000645

Interesting. Personally, I think this has been the best season of the three. I never really liked the Jimmy character, as I felt his inclusion into otherwise semi-historical situations dragged the show down. His presence is still felt in his mother, and her story likewise drags. The growing tension between the syndicates, and the coming war--all set against the backdrop of the political and legal machinations--has been far more compelling than the "personal and intimate" story of Jimmy and Nucky.

See, I haven't enjoyed this season much at all, mostly due to the back to back to back to back awful episodes prior to this last one. While I don't necessarily disagree with you about Jimmy, it seems instead of the writers capitalizing (story-wise) on the loss of Jimmy, we got more Margaret, Jillian, EMO Richard instead of more of Rothstein and the Chicago crew or the New York crew. Yes, Rosetti was a great addition, but it seems that's been about the only good thing this season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ScottH said:
...we got more Margaret, Jillian, EMO Richard...
Nothing more than a guess but I think Gillian will be dead by the end of the season. And if she's dead, Richard is out of work and that (coupled with Owen's death) clears the way for him to become Nucky's new man next year.
I completely agree with wanting to see more of the Chicago and New York characters. There's been too many times that those guys have been MIA this year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_4005538
Nothing more than a guess but I think Gillian will be dead by the end of the season. And if she's dead, Richard is out of work and that (coupled with Owen's death) clears the way for him to become Nucky's new man next year.
I completely agree with wanting to see more of the Chicago and New York characters. There's been too many times that those guys have been MIA this year.
Is this series focused on Nucky Thompson and his rule on Atlantic City or is it about Chicago and NYC gangsters? Perhaps, what the creators of this series should have done is based their series idea on the establishment of organized crime with focus on the Chicago and NYC mobs since that's what apparently many people want to see here.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Is this series focused on Nucky Thompson and his rule on Atlantic City or is it about Chicago and NYC gangsters?  Perhaps, what the creators of this series should have done is based their series idea on the establishment of organized crime with focus on the Chicago and NYC mobs since that's what apparently many people want to see here.
Sure, the show is about Atlantic City and Nucky but I'd like to see Nucky interact with the out of town characters more. I guess there's only so much of that you can do and have it make sense. In the sense of if Torrio and Capone are running Chicago, why would they spend much time in Atlantic City?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three/30#post_4005544
Sure, the show is about Atlantic City and Nucky but I'd like to see Nucky interact with the out of town characters more. I guess there's only so much of that you can do and have it make sense. In the sense of if Torrio and Capone are running Chicago, why would they spend much time in Atlantic City?
Well, you got your wish for the last two episodes of this year.

Crawdaddy

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Richard Harrow packing up. :tu: I'm guessing that he is going to be taking whatever steps are necessary to see that Tommy is safely removed from the brothel. It is probably not going to be very healthy to get in his way.
I could envision Tommy, Julia, and Richard running away from Atlantic City (something denied Margaret, her children, and Owen.)
- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would say for certain that this was the best episode of the
entire 3-season run thus far.

My brother is up this week. Never saw the show before but
he sat and watched this episode with me. Based on this one
episode, he thought that it was so unbelievably good, that he
wants to get ahold of the entire series.

Just outstanding!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Pretty impressive season finale with a good setup for next season. I'm curious as to whether or not we will see more of Richard Harrow or not next year. Messeria can't be too happy about what happened to his men, but he might be willing to cut his losses for now and focus on his partnership with Rothstein. I figured that several of the main characters would be departing the series tonight, but was a little surprised at the manner in which both were one was dispatched.
Guess we'll see the establishment of Chalky White's club next year, with Nucky reducing his public visibility and being more of a back room dealer vs. being in the spotlight. Hopefully, we'll get more screen time for Dunn Purnsley (Chalky White's former adversary, now right hand man) as played by Erik LaRay Harvey. This guy just owns ever scene in which he is featured. "And me, with both hands full." :)
Edit: My mistake, one of the main characters was not dispatched, as per this interview with Terence Winter regarding Seaso 3. Guess we are going to see more from Mother of the Year candidate Gillian.
Terrence Winter discusses Season 3
- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Didn't know this was the season finale, but that makes sense given
everything that happened this evening.

Fantastic season overall. My favorite of the series thus far. The
show really went into overdrive these past few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks