What's new

Blu-rays as Christmas Gifts 2014: Opinions... (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks this year I'm making it a practice to see about giving Blu-rays to family & friends for Christmas. Already got 3 for my niece, Shawna (a drop-dead gorgeous 24 y/o) who loves mermaids and used to dress up like a mermaid quite a bit as a child (and teenager). Got her these this year:
Splash_BluAU.jpg

MrPeabodyAndMermaid_Blu.jpg

Aquamarine_blu.jpg

Course that may mean we have to buy her a Blu-ray player as well as we don't know if she owns one (don't want to ask and give away the surprise).

Our neighbor (age 70) doesn't know it yet but we got her a Blu-ray player (Black Friday Wal-Mart special, Sony BDP-2200) for Christmas so she can watch movies at her condo from my Blu-ray collection of classic movies. Course she's always welcome to watch them at our place but her and my wife's mom (MIL) spend their afternoons & evenings at her condo and shoot the bull. She'd really like to watch some of the films I have, this would make it easy.

Thoughts?

Thoughts

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
You can put me on your Christmas list! :) Do I need to forward you a list or do you just want to surprise me?

Seriously, I think it's a great idea although I've found my "target" market to be somewhat limited. My kids (ages 14, 15, 18 and 22) don't watch ANYTHING on physical media...everything is streaming for them (I know, I've failed as a parent). My parents and in-laws don't care (and say they can't tell the difference) whether it's BD or DVD. And most of my friends just aren't into physical media at all (most are in their 50's like me and are looking more to de-clutter and downsize rather than add to their "stuff").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks