What's new

Blu-Ray already obsolete? A terabyte on a single disc? Wowzers! (1 Viewer)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Well I think the interesting thing here is, that Blu-Ray and HD are suppose to be released to the public and intergrated in the next 3-5 years, this will be ready in 5 years. Don't know if it'll catch on though considering companies have already adopted either HD or Blu-ray.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I don't know if it will catch on for movies...but I can almost guarantee the computer people of the world will jump on this. I for one would love to have this... No more clunky external hard drives need to back up information.... Throw it alllll on one disk! Then again when it says some 400 plus minutes of video...I wonder what that would equate to in HD-Video.....teehee.. That would be very nice!!!

R~

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Yeah, this and Fluorescent Multilayer Disc and LaserFilm and all the others... I'll believe it when I see it. None of these schemes has been reduced to practice yet except the one which produced LaserDisc, CD, and now DVD. MiniDisc is a relative, but apparently a dead-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks