What's new

Blockbuster Star Wars Deal: 7 rentals & the dvd's $59 (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
My local BB has a card showing this promo, looks pretty good, IMHO. Anyone else seen this?? As it does NOT show up on their website...;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i work for bbv, but i think this deal is a rip.

the set will likely sell for 49.99 without the rental card at bbv.
but there are going to be enough opportunities to get the set for less then $45, maybe even less then $40 the first week of release.

fye will have it for 35 after rebates and i think another mall based store will have a trade in promo so you can get it for less then $30.(after trade in credits.)

so, 7 rentals at bbv video are equal to about $30 depending on your bbv.

so adding that to about the $40 you can get it for first week, that is not such a great deal.

todd i'm not trying to kill you for posting that i'm getting on bbv video for posting a pretty lame deal.

i realize many people cannot get to a b&m for the better prices so they will use this deal from bbv.

a few weeks ago when i found this promo on our computer, before it was to go public i showed it to the coworkers and even our mngr thought it was going to be very tough to convince people to buy into this.

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
I disagree. If someone is a regular renter at Blockbuster, this deal is easily not a bad one, provided they don't screw up on late fees and use ALL the seven rentals.

Say each rental is only $4 (and that's being generous consider the regular Blockbuster pricing), 7 rentals would be about 28 bucks. Meaning the Trilogy would only cost them about 32 bucks. For people who loathe "rebates", have no desire to "trade in", or simply don't wish to hassle trying to figure out which B&M is gonna give them the best price come Tuesday, Blockbuster is a very good way to get Star Wars at a good solid low price. No rush or hassle. Just pick it up while renting.

While I admit, I stopped doing these deals a while back, it was partially because of the drop from 10 rentals (which really made it worth while) to 7 rentals, as well as the fact I finally joined NetFlix. But if I were still renting a BlockBuster frequently, I'd consider a $32 or less offer for The Trilogy a no brainer.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
My only point is this:
I do rentals every week, 7 rentals @ $4 (min) = $28 apx so for $29 more apx I get the trilogy too. Granted I dont have any late fees and DO get all my free rentals...

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Don't forget that it is only one rental per week, and it is for seven consecutive weeks beginning the week that you purchase the rental card. So if you miss a week, you lose that rental.

Jimmy!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok, good points.
glad it can be good for some people.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
For me this deal just got a bit sweeter.

My local BB is taking in used DVDs for $5 a pop minimum store credit. I have at least 15 DVDs that I would probably have trouble selling for that price online so I will take them to BB and get the card.

Just a heads up for anyone else with a bunch of low value DVDs they want to dump.

-Keith

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that hasnt gone national yet.
not all bbv are doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks