What's new

Blockbuster - get $8 in trade for DVDs Starts Oct 5th (1 Viewer)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
The two BBs in my area also had put up the "limited time offer" bubbles on the $8 trade in signs in the past week or so. I did my trades yesterday so I'm set with a loaded gift card.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think it's over. 25 movies and an XBOX later... It was FUN, Let's do it again!
smile.gif

--

H

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I traded 18 movies (about half $5.50 ones from Wal Mart) & received $144.00 & paid in full for Halo 2 Collectors Edition for X-Box at the store I traded at since it was a Game Rush store & plan to use the rest getting Grand Turismo 4 for PS2 & possibly another game or loads of rentals. It was a great deal while it lasted. I appreciate the post Chet_F much obliged.

Michael Douglas

Stunt Coordinator
quote:Alas, a limited time offer! There go my hopes of pursuing a career by buying cheap titles and reselling them for profit.

It'd only be a profit if you want to buy used DVDs back. Otherwise, BB's new prices are absurd.

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
Well. thanks to this thread, I put together four huge shopping bags of crappy old discs that had been sitting in the closet waiting for me to get motivated enough to put some big lots on ebay. I took in around 160 discs. They took all but 5 which were not in their system--mostly unrated versions and a couple of obscure music titles. I got $1380.00 in gift cards.
blush.gif

Needless to say, it will take me a while to spend it all since their selection of new stuff is so limited. so much easier than dealing with ebay for this kind of stuff. Thanks.

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
quote:Needless to say, it will take me a while to spend it all since their selection of new stuff is so limited.

As long as you got gift cards you can use them on-line at Blockbuster.com. Their selection is much greater and the large order I placed shipped the next day.

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget about their current deal, where you get a $5 gift card for spending at least $50 on gift cards. Took $100 of my credit from the trade-ins, and bought 2 $50 gift cards (the ones you can use online). Got 2 $5 gift cards for free. Just another bonus.

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
quote:As long as you got gift cards you can use them on-line at Blockbuster.com. Their selection is much greater and the large order I placed shipped the next day.

When I go online, all I see is the rental stuff. Where is the sales area?

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Just click on any item to look at the details and there should be a 'buy me' button. Not all rental items have a buy me button though.

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
Ahhh....

I never clicked all the way through. I just saw the "Add to Queue" button and went back thinking it was rental only.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks