What's new

blew amp on audiosource sw15, they want $90 to repair (1 Viewer)

John.Bryson

Auditioning
They charge a flat rate of $90 to repair my amp, and since I bought the subwoofer second hand I don't have any receipt. This seems like a lot of money when I only paid $150 or so for the entire sub including shipping. Are there any alternative amps you would recommend that are cheaper or should I just pay the $90 and cut my losses?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I sure like the audiosource amp/1A bridged running a sub. Probably more than $90 though.

Do a search on Parts Express, they may have a good deal on a decent plate amp.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
John,

The amp is built into the cabinet of that sub right (sorry I am not familiar with it)? If so, be careful about picking up a different amp. Most built in sub amps have a EQ curve applied to the output so the system achieves the desired response. Installing a different amp could throw that off.

sean

John S

Senior HTF Member
Even though mine isn't all subs should really be eq'd.
So buy the amp, and down the road buy the eq you should of already been running on the sub in question.

I bypass blown amps in subs a lot for people, so far it hasn't been any worse than the internal amp, usually way better even noted by the owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks