What's new

Blade II video problem [Spoiler] (1 Viewer)

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for starting another thread regarding this DVD. However, I wanted to be sure that I didn't elaborate on something that people may have not yet seen.

My question concerning the picture around Chapter 20 (Time 93:45 - 94:00. I'm hoping someone who can remember this scene in the movie can help me out.

In chapter 20 starting about 93:45 - 94:00, when Blade is crawling off the ledge and plunging into the blood bath, is the image suppose to be out of focus (image bounces and the viewer appears to have double vision.) I couldn't remember if that was an effect or if is some type of problem with my DVD.

Thanks!

-Tim

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,

As far as I am concerned, this is actually supposed to happen. I never saw the theatrical run, but it seems to make some sense when you listen to the commentary on what Guillermo was going for. Hope this helps

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked and I didn't notice that effect in mine though, unless I'm misunderstanding. There is quite a bit of smoke but it looks in focus.?

Matt

GO TWINS!!

Mathias Klemme

Stunt Coordinator
Didn't notice anything unusual on my copy. There's something else about that scene, though. Blade falls in with nothing but his pants, and comes out wearing his vest...

-Mathias

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone for the info... I just couldn't remember that part in the theater. I've yet to listen to the commentary, so maybe that will clear it up a bit. (no pun intended) :b
Matt, I may be inaccurate in my discription... What I'm referring to is something like double vision (kind of like when your drunk and see doubles.. or triples - depending on how much you drank) :D That 10-15 second sequence has the viewer feel like he's looking at the image half smashed.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It's just an effect to show that Blade is disoriented and almost ready to pass out.

as for this:
There's something else about that scene, though. Blade falls in with nothing but his pants, and comes out wearing his vest...
No. Watch it again. His vest is CLEARLY ON the entire time before he falls, as he falls, and after he falls.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or was there a really bad layer change right at:
The beginning of the Reaper Autopsy as she makes the first incision and the scene fade cuts away

For a second it almost looked like the dvd skipped and I missed a scene.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Jason...the layer change on the first disc I had made it skip two minutes of the film. I could scroll back and it would play for a second or two, then break up and skip back forward. I exchanged my disc, and the new one works great ;P

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Kyle. I just tried it on another DVD player with a counter to see if it did skip anything and it fortunately it didn't. It just pauses longer than any other dvd I have. Normally my HTPC never misses a beat.

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Seems like I have run into another problem with my Blade II DVD. This one, I definitely can tell is a problem, unlike my first post :b
On the 2nd disc, I was trying to watch the Deleted scenes. I first chose to watch them "All w/o Commentary". About 18 seconds in to it Where it changes from the guys on bikes to blade in his Charger
it stopped and kicked me back to the Pioneer Logo (DVD player is a Pioneer). I then tried playing the deleted scenes with the commentary. When it got to the 18 second mark, it started to stutter but continued on to scene change where Blade is in his Charger.
However, at the 37 sec mark, I get some pixelation (noticeable green cube in the upper left hand corner) and then it hangs and kicks me back to the Pioneer Logo.
Haven't managed to make it past that part yet, as it always hangs and stops. I'll be taking it back to Circuit City tomorrow to exchange it. However, I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen. I hope it's not my equipment, as I have not had any problems up until tonight, with the second disc. :frowning:
The player is a Pioneer DV-440.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks