What's new

Black & White DVD picture (1 Viewer)

Colin A

Auditioning
I have an IXOS S Video - Scart cable to connect my Arcam DVD player to my Loewe TV.
I have had the for about 8 years. However last night when I played a DVD I only managed to get a B&W picture. I phoned Arcam and was told that it was impossible to get a B&W picture from the player and the fault would be the interconnect or TV.
I connected via a composite lead and the picture is OK. Therefor I must conclude that the cable is the fault.
I used a multimeter to test for continuity and it tests OK.
Assuming that the cable is the fault, what could be the matter and could I repair it. It looks OK and doesn't appear to have dry joints. Any ideas please

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I believe one pin in the SVideo cable is the picture in black and white while the other wire is the color difference. A new SVideo cable might tell you if the cable is bad or shorting.

Your bigger problem: your DVD player may have a problem or your Scart jack.

Trying a new SVideo cable would be the first step in diagnosing the problem. Next would be to borrow some other SVideo device. If a new cable and a borrowed DVD player with SVideo still show the problem - it's the TV.

But first things first: new cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks