What's new

Black to Silver Anthem AVM20...possible? (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'm looking at a black Anthem AVM20 for a good price, but ideally, I'd like it in silver to match the rest of my gear. Does Anthem sell silver faceplates?

Not really a huge issue, just would be nice if...

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Drew,

I think the problem you will have is not necessarily the faceplate, but the front panel push buttons and main control dial. They are silver on the silver AVM-20 and black on the black AVM-20. It is possible that the push buttons are part of the front panel, but the main control dial isn't.

There's something to be said for having the best part of your HT stand out from the rest! :D Besides, it is a given that the black AVM-20 sounds better than the silver AVM-20! LOL!! (sorry, inside joke amongst AVM-20 owners on this forum)

Michael

Drew_W

Screenwriter

Well exacltly. I'll have a black one at heart, but with a silver faceplate. Kind of like a blonde dying her hair brown...still a blonde at heart. :D

I'll give SF a call and see what they say. Some like their gear to be invisible in the rack, I like mine to stand out, so I'm trying to do all silver. If I can't get the AVM20 in silver, I'll revert to everything black, which only means cancelling a Denon 2900 order.

If I do get the AVM20 though, it will be the quickest upgrade yet. I only got my Rotel RSP1066 a week and a half ago. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks