What's new

Black Rectangle (1 Viewer)

David-T

Grip
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem on their Mitsubishi HD set. I have a WS-55909 and every once and awhile a black rectangle will appear at the lower right corner. The way I get rid of it is by switching back and forth from inputs or just turning the set off and back on. By the way this is the second set that I have had that does the same thing. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
David,
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible someone is accidentally pressing the PIP button on the remote with the secondary picture coming from an unused source?

Does the set have the XDS (Extended Data Service) feature? This will supposedly display program information coded in the ntsc tv signal, and when it's turned on but the station isn't implementing it properly, small black boxes appear on the screen. If the station is implementing this properly, the name of the program, elapsed running time, or other information is supposed to appear in the black boxes.

Also maybe a glitch in the Closed Captionning?

David-T

Grip
Steve, no this isn’t the case since I am using the RAV-2000, the Yamaha remote control. And it was not program by myself to enter a PIP (no choice in picking PIP). I checked your advice and used my television remote, but did not get the same situation pressing the PIP button. The black rectangle is about 1/2 inch wide by 1/8 inch tall at the bottom right side of the screen. I have given Mitsubishi these pictures and also the Home Theater Store here in Austin and they are stumped. Thanks for you response.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks