What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Big Little Lies (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Surprised to see there was no thread about this show. Well that's fixed.

Pretty strong start to Season 2 last night. Dat Meryl is bringing it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A friend showed me season one after it aired.

I liked it so much I've subscribed to the HBO Now app just to get the second season, which I've never done before. My plan is to keep it for the next seven weeks and then cancel after the finale.

I thought the premiere was great.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Whelp literally everything hit the fan save for Bonnie last episode. This season seems to be taking a much darker turn than the mini, if that's even at all possible. Great stuff.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Recently binge-watched S01 of BLL on the Blu set - and thought it was excellent. Funny, sad, twisted, and sick at times - but always great.

My favorite scenes included:

-When the LD character was trying to get RS & her daughter/daughter's friends to go to her daughter's birthday party instead of going to the "Disney on Ice" show, and RS continually (but politely) told her that wouldn't work, etc.
Eventually, Dern, frustrated, yelled, "Well, how about if I have Snow White XXXXXXXX, and Dumbo can take a squat on yours!", and then angrily throws the phone in the pool - ha ha

-The scene when RS & her new husband had the initially cordial dinner, in order to air everything out with her ex & his new wife (Bonnie). When they started talking about their daughter (who was then living with the father) doing something very upsetting, I was sure that RS would flip out & start screaming, etc.
However, she instead started puking all over everything & everyone - allegedly because of the shrimp she had just eaten - hilarious!!!

-The final penultimate scene,
when Perry confronted his wife Celeste (N Kidman) in front of the other women - and then Jane looked at him & realized he was the one who had assaulted her years earlier - resulting in the other women also realizing this almost immediately afterwards; Perry looked at everyone & soon after comprehension begun to dawn on him as well. Excellent scene - no words were spoken, but everyone knew exactly what had happened.

Will post more after S02 finishes airing & I watch all of this; I'm going to binge-watch all episodes at once, and will try to avoid SPOILERS as much as possible beforehand.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Well the season started with some promise, but really ended with a whimper. Just don't see them continuing it.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I hope those actresses enjoyed their time working together on the second season because it was far from appointment viewing for the audience.

Props to the music supervisor though - great taste. Neil Young, Janis Joplin, Cowboy Junkies, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks