1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Little Lies (HBO)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Lord Dalek, Jun 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    Surprised to see there was no thread about this show. Well that's fixed.

Pretty strong start to Season 2 last night. Dat Meryl is bringing it.

2. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Mother-in-law from Hell. Haven't seen Meryl tackle that one before.

3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    A friend showed me season one after it aired.

I liked it so much I've subscribed to the HBO Now app just to get the second season, which I've never done before. My plan is to keep it for the next seven weeks and then cancel after the finale.

I thought the premiere was great.

4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    Whelp literally everything hit the fan save for Bonnie last episode. This season seems to be taking a much darker turn than the mini, if that's even at all possible. Great stuff.

5. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    Meryl Streep is killing it this season. (Well, not literally... yet...)

6. Message #6 of 6 Jun 25, 2019 at 11:09 AM
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:35 AM
    The Drifter

The Drifter Second Unit

Jim
    Recently binge-watched S01 of BLL on the Blu set - and thought it was excellent. Funny, sad, twisted, and sick at times - but always great.

My favorite scenes included:

-When the LD character was trying to get RS & her daughter/daughter's friends to go to her daughter's birthday party instead of going to the "Disney on Ice" show, and RS continually (but politely) told her that wouldn't work, etc.
    Eventually, Dern, frustrated, yelled, "Well, how about if I have Snow White XXXXXXXX, and Dumbo can take a squat on yours!", and then angrily throwing the phone in the pool - HAW! HAW!

-The scene when RS & her new husband had the "sit down" to air everything out with her ex & his new wife (Bonnie). When they started talking about their daughter (who was then living with the father) doing something very upsetting, I was sure that RS would flip out & start screaming, etc.
    However, she instead started puking all over everything & everyone - allegedly because of the shrimp she had just eaten - hilarious!!!

-The final penultimate scene,
    when Perry confronted his wife Celeste (N Kidman) in front of the other women - and then Jane looked at him & realized he was the one who had assaulted her years earlier - resulting in the other women also realizing this almost immediately afterwards; Perry looked at everyone & soon after comprehension begun to dawn on him as well. Excellent scene - no words were spoken, but everyone knew exactly what had happened.

Will post more after S02 finishes airing & I watch all of this; I'm going to binge-watch all episodes at once, and will try to avoid SPOILERS as much as possible beforehand.