What's new

big difference between 20-39cs with 180w vs. 350w (1 Viewer)

StanleyW

Stunt Coordinator
i have a 20-39cs with the new driver powered by a marantz ma500. the amp does 180w @ 4ohms. i am really impress with the bass with this setup already, but am still looking for more (aren't we all). i am thinking of getting a samson 700. will the extra wattage make a difference for me? i might want to get a second cs but want to avoid that option for now if the amp upgrade will be a noticeable improvement. thanks for looking.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Doubling the power should result in a 3dB increase in peak output (which to our ears is about the amount need to tell it's louder).

Whether you will notice this depends entirely on whether you are using the whole 180W right now at your current listening levels. But reguardless amp head room never hurts.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I'm going from 165 to 250, and maybe, just maybe, the possibility of going to ONE KILOWATT into my 20.

I'm going to EQ, so I wanted the bump in power, but now I want more just for the hell of it.

AIEE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks