What's new

BETTY BOOP - new DVDs (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
New Betty Boop DVD's? If these are the Fleischer B/W, I'm all over them!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Probably more crappy colorised p.d. titles. I'll wait for a proper anniversary collection, hopefully next year.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
You're not going to see any quality Betty Boop DVD's until Paramount gets the Republic package back for video distribution.

UCLA has restored a lot of the Boops (if fact, I think most of them) and has the elements needed to make excellent transfers. In fact, a lot of these restored versions utilized the camera negative, so quality could be exceedingly good.

Even if Artisan (who currently has the rights to do DVD's of Betty Boop) releases some, it'll be just the same over-noise reduced transfers put on LD and VHS earlier.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I don't know much about the ownership issues referred to.

There are two new disks on Amazon and it looks like they come from GOODTIMES DVD. I have one from them, and it's 55 minutes, B&W, so I suppose these new ones are similar.

I have one color cartoon (colorized?) called BB's Hollywood Mystery on a Rhino disk, about 30 minutes long. The disk also has some Beetle Bailey toons, and Hagar the Horrible.

Thanks for the info about ownership. I gather there is an anniversary, and some hopes of better compilations to come. :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
2005 would be the perfect year for an "anniversary" set. The first Betty Boop cartoon, Dizzy Dishes, was released in 1930. A "75th Anniversary" collection would really be a great marketing stance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks