What's new

Bettercables SilverSerpent component cables Dead?!? (1 Viewer)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
The title pretty much says it all. I have had the cables around 9 months and tonight I went to turn on the projector (Infocus X1 via VESA adaptor) and there was no video of any sort. I love these cables and I really want to get to the bottom of this. I have left a message for [email protected] and I am waiting to hear from him. I will keep everyone posted. BTW, before anyone asks, I have checked both ends of the cable and everything is still intact. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Are you referring to the bulb on the projector? No, its not gone-less than 100 hours on it and it works for all other sorts of material. It even works w/ another set of component cables.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well that's disturbing isn't it! I'm sure if the cables were defective, BC will make good promptly.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Just wanted to update everyone. They emailed me this afternoon and I will be returning them so they can look at them.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
It's a little strange..

Only one of the cables carry the video signal, the other two carry the color-difference signals. If the "Y" cable died, you would not get any video. But as a test you could use one of the other wires in place of the "Y" wire (the cables are all identical except for colored markings).

If there is a failure, the most likely spot is the coax-to-connector interface. This is usually a crimped, mechanical connection that can pull loose depending upon the amount of strain.

But I am sure they will take care of you.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mathew:

Did you try anything else through the 15 pin input on the projector like from the output of your PC to see if that works?

Parker

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Parker,
No I haven't as of yet. I was beginning to wonder if it could have been the VESA adaptor, I will check this out when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks