What's new

Best ways to prevent/ reverse Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? (1 Viewer)

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
I work at a computer 9-10 hrs a day, and then go home and fool around on my computer at home for the evening, and now I think I'm getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or some kind of repetetive stress injury. Basically, my hands and forearms are starting to hurt.

I've tried to make my setup as ergonomic as possible, with wrist wrests, proper seating height, using a trackball. Are there any excercises or other things people do?

Thanks in advance.

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I know what you mean. Now that they are starting to hurt, they probably will for a long time (years). It can get better or worse, but it won't completely go away unless you stop using those muscles for more than a couple hours a day. Prevention is the best way to deal with it, but stretching helps me a great deal when mine starts to act up. (10+ hours on the computer a day plus a guitar player to boot :) )

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Move your trackball to the other side of your keyboard. It will not only reduce the stress but strengthen the muscles in your other hand.

Glenn

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Knew someone who did the same amount of work on computers. When his hands started to hurt he switch to the Dvorak keyboard layout. He still types enough qwerty that he can do 80wpm on it and over 100wpm on Dvorak. After the switch to Dvorak the pain in his hands went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks