What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Best Video Card To Get (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
What is considered the top of the line graphics card at the moment for the pc?. I was looking at the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB AGP Graphics Card but also noticed the ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro 128 MB 4X AGP Graphics Card, So would anyone happen to know the difference between these two cards?. What are the Geforce cards like?. I just want to get the best card out now with no money restrictions.

-Mike

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
9800XT benches the best and comes with a free pre-order of HL2. It will likely last you a good 2 years or even more, just like the Radeon 9700 Pro has done for its users for a while now. Tom's Hardware

The AIW just has video capturing and TV Tuner capabilities with the same 3D hardware.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
If that's the case than I guess I will just get the 9800XT rather than
downgrade my graphics just to get a few extra feauters.

-Mike

Daniel_S

Agent
Get the 9800XT and a seperate Winfast TV tuner (PCI). If you get an AIW, when it comes time to upgrade your TV Tuner will get dumped with your card:frowning:

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Like all bleeding edge cards, the 9800XT is not worth the $200 or so cost to get not even 10% of a performance increase over the Pro. You'd be lucky to get a 5 or so framerate increase in any game with the XT. Get a 9800 Pro or AIW if you want the features and save the money torwards the next upgrade.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

No money restrictions? The 9800XT 256mb card is the current beast on the market. Thats the one you want if you got 500 bucks burning a whole in your pocket;)

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
Even better then the 9800 Pro if money's not an issue - the ATI FireGL X2-256t or Nvidia Quadro FX 3000 G :)

Daniel_S

Agent

Ok, don't suggest cards when you have no idea what they do. Those cards will not be able to run ANY game decently. They are intended for 3D applications like 3DS Max and Lightwave (which I own and use BTW).

I REPEAT, THE 9800 PRO WILL BEAT THOSE CARDS TO THE GROUND IN ANY GAME!

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
I mostly do video editing and graphic design in 3D Studio Max, Lightwave 3D, Adobe Premeire Pro etc... Sorry, been looking at a new video card recently for stuff like this forgot most of the people here are probably more interested in gaming. For gaming I also agree 9800 Pro or 5950 Ultra are definatly way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks