What's new

Best universal remote for under $70? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
What do you guys consider to be the best universal remote for under $70? I'm going shopping for one tomorrow, so I'm looking for some opinions. Thanks in advance!

Rob

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
I would check out the 15-1994 Universal remote from Radio Shack. It has quite a large following on the remote central forums. I have one, and it was easy to program, and use. It replaced 8 other remotes! Here is the LINK

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
The 15-1994 has been discontinued, and some people are not very happy with some of the features of its replacement (2104). If you can find one, it's still a great bargain. The Cinema 7 with learning (7800, not the 7200 which doesn't have learning capabilities) is the equivalent of the 1994. I have two and think it is excellent. It has replaced eight remotes. Although it has only 7 devices, I use the transport buttons when in the receiver mode to control my CD player. The Sony is OK, but the Cinema 7 has more buttons to learn to and gives more flexibility. Plus, if you can solder, you can connect the Cinema 7 to your computer, and do all the programming there. You can add macros almost to your heart's content and do all kinds of extras with "advanced codes" including some things that were not on the remote that came with your equipment. The info is at www.hifi-remote.com.
SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks