What's new

Best space battle scenes in Deep Space Nine?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just trying to remember which DS9 episodes had the best space battle scenes. Can anyone list the episodes that had these scenes?

Thanks!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The series premiere, "Emissary", had a pretty cool-looking Borg battle against the Starfleet ships at Wolf 359. That one was great.

On the other hand, the final epic battle in "What You Leave Behind" with all of the Federation and Dominion ships all on screen at one time made it the mother of all DS9 space battles, hands down.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The last "mirror universe" episode impressed the heck out of me, especially when I read that all those dives and swoops "Defiant" made through Terek Nor were model work.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
This isn't a battle scene but I love seeing the massive Federation fleet at the end of "A Call To Arms".

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
"Way of the Warrior" (I believe) where we get to see DS9's upgraded weaponry for the first time against the Klingons. Oh ... my ... God ... ! My jaw dropped the first time that episode was aired.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Way of the Warrior was a good one; there were severeal really subtle ones I liked as well.

DS9 to me, is everything that good trek is, there were very few "utter crap" episodes, and it managed to be much more consistent then anything else in the trek fold ;)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Nothing sticks out in my mind like the battle scenes from the already mentioned Way of the Warrior. The first time seeing that was just kick-ass cool. On a smaller level, the battle between the Defiant and the Lakota in Paradise Lost has always been one of my favorites, because it highlights what makes the Defiant such a great fighting ship.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

Another great "fleet" scene without a battle occurs in BY INFERNO'S LIGHT (part 2). Some "surprise guests" liven up the party.

I understand it's not a highly regarded episode, but I was impressed with the battle scenes in VAILANT.

What's the name of the episode, #3 or 4 of the final arc, where the Defiant encounters the Breen and their energy-dampening weapon for the first time?

For a "battle of the wits" you can't do much better than THE WIRE. :)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Rob Gardiner wrote (post #10):

For the first and the last time in episode #170, "The Changing Face of Evil", where the original U.S.S. Defiant is lost in battle.

Jodee

Screenwriter
One of my all time favorite effects shots is in the background of "Rocks and Shoals"-- where the burning Jem H'adar battle cruiser that Sisko piloted into Cardassian space was sinking into the ocean of the planet where they crash landed. That shot just takes my breath away every time I see it.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Another one of my semi favorite battle scenes is at the start of season 7 the episode Shadows and Symbols where Martok, Worf, O'brian, bashir and quark go on the klingon bird of prey to blow up the dominion ship yards by igniting a part of the nearby sun.

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks