Best site for french DVDs? (R2)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Holadem, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I am looking for the DVDs of a japanese animated series that defined my childhood, Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque, or Saint Seiya.

I know they are available at Amazon.fr and FNAC.fr. I am wondering if there are better alternatives. Which is the DDD of french DVDs ? (or perhaps R2 DVDs in general?).

Thanks!

--
    H

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

I've had good luck with Alapage.com as well as Amazon.fr. AVOID Cinestore at ALL COSTS.

3. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

ALAPAGE is very close to AMAZON.fr , but FNAC's prices are ridiculous.

So far, Amazon.com is the best.

I am amazed that some titles which have been out 4-5 years are still at the 20 +Euro level.

4. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

You may wanna try www.dvdzone2.com
    It's a Belgian site, but 95% of "belgian" DVD are in fact "french" DVD. That's my main supplier for R2 DVD (I bought 350+ DVD from them)

5. JoeJ

JoeJ Agent

Does anyone know any French DVD sites that accept Solo/Maestro? I am studying French and would like to import various French DVDs, yet don't have a credit card (only a debit card). I'm always too nervous to ask anyone, so can anyone help?

6. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Whoa. Thanks fellers, I had forgotten about this thread 'cause it went some 3 days without replies.

I ended up ordering the discs in question from fnac.fr.

IIRC, FNAC is sorta the french Best Buy, the discs I were looking for were very affordable at $9.99 apiece. But shipping pretty much doubled my expenses (I got 3 DVDs).

This is only the second order I have made from overseas, so I don't know what the standard is but I must say I was impressed by the service, as the discs gto here under a week. But then again with those shipping charges...

--
    H - Me happy, I am a child again. "Par la colere du Dragon!"

7. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Really?

I know my search was not very extensive since I was fairly clueless to begin with, but I have to say 9.99 euros per DVD was better than I expected!

I guess I lucked out on these particular discs?

In any case, i will be spending the next holidasy in France, and if those prices (for this series) are valid in the stores as well, oh boy [​IMG].

--
    H