What's new

Best receiver in $600 price range (1 Viewer)

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
I plan on using it for 80% ht and 20%music. I purchased a Marantz sr6200 for 490 but was wondering if there was anything better in the next price range. Thanks.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Denon 2802 is around $600 delivered from some online places. From what I've heard, it's pretty solid.

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
Or an Onkyo 696, or Yamaha HTR-5490 if you can get it cheap. Also, the Denon 2802 as mentioned is a very good one.

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
I would like the receiver to have at least 6.1 and be DTS ES discrete and matrix and whatever other new options there are. Definately discrete though. No chip amps.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Pioneer VSX d850s for $250 - has Dolby EX/ DTS ES and 6 amps. Wait a year and newer models will have DPL2 at this price.

Ryan_Thomas

Auditioning
I just bought the 2802 for $552 shipped, but they just raised there price last week. I am waiting for i to arrive now.It was the only amp i could find that didn't need to use the preouts to make 6.1 sound for htis price. THe pioneer vsx-810s and 850s are NOT DTS ES Discrete, they only do DTS ES MATRIX. They just announced the 811s which will do discrete and DPL2 and it will retail for 475 new. But it doesnt come out till april. I still think the denon 2802 is the better buy anyways I would search around for it and you could also check Ubid.com.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Alex,
I can't believe that no one mentioned the Outlaw 1050. it can be had for $499 new, or $449 B-Stock (with full new product warrenty!). It can do 6.1 with all DD 5.1 digital and 5.1 analog sources, and with DTS 5.1 analog sources. Due to memory limitations of the processor, it can't extract 6.1 DTS from the digital inputs. The single biggest complaint that many folks have with it is the lack of DPL2. However, I've had a 1050 for nearly two years now and havne't missed that capability in the slightest. It's really a top notch unit and well worth checking out.
It's available directly from Outlaw Audio (http://www.outlawaudio.com/) and comes with a 30 day money back, satisfaction guarentee so you can evaluate it in the comfort of your own home and with your own speakers and other electronics.
Highly recommended.

Alex_Santos

Second Unit
I think that Id like to have dplII. No sense in buying an old receiver when the one im going to buy will be old in a matter of months anyways.

David John

Stunt Coordinator
Yamaha RX-V1200 $650 delivered.

Excellent quality and sound.

DD-EX, DPL-2 and DTS-ES (all flavors), plus 6 channels of amplification.

I am very happy with it.

The price is great and so is the sound!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I would wait until April when most of the new receivers will be out. That way you can compare the new with the old & maybe pickup last years models at a cleanout price. If you need one now I would go with the Yamaha or Pioneer.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Dude, take everyones advice.... The Denon 2802 is an awesome reciever. Alas, I dont own one, but my friend does and I must say, its the shit!

-Marshall

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
I just got the Harman Kardon AVR 520 for Christmas and I love it. I got lucky and only paid $550.00 shipped from a guy on E-Bay. If I could get this receiver for the price your looking for it would be hands down the answer to your prayers.

Beau

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks