What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Best "Punk Rock" Albums (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I recently purchased Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash from The Replacements and I just can't get over the fact that this may be my favorite punk rock album. I love this type of music from the 70s and 80s and wanted to get feedback as to what other albums are well regarded from this type of music.

Other cd's I could name off the top of my head that are some of my favs are Damaged by Black Flag and Fun House by The Stooges.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I recently purchased Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash from The Replacements and I just can't get over the fact that this may be my favorite punk rock album. I love this type of music from the 70s and 80s and wanted to get feedback as to what other albums are well regarded from this type of music.

Other cd's I could name off the top of my head that are some of my favs are Damaged by Black Flag and Fun House by The Stooges.

AricB

Second Unit
I have Tim, which I like a lot. But I dont know that I consider them punk rock, but I'm not one to throw stones, so thats cool.

Clash-London Calling

Social Distortion-self titled and White Light, White Heat, White Trash

Rancid-Out come the wolves, life wont wait, and self titled, and indestructible(the first 2 listed are amazing albums, punk or not)

Dropkick Murphy's-Sing loud, sing proud

Misfits box set

AricB

Second Unit
I have Tim, which I like a lot. But I dont know that I consider them punk rock, but I'm not one to throw stones, so thats cool.

Clash-London Calling

Social Distortion-self titled and White Light, White Heat, White Trash

Rancid-Out come the wolves, life wont wait, and self titled, and indestructible(the first 2 listed are amazing albums, punk or not)

Dropkick Murphy's-Sing loud, sing proud

Misfits box set

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

They were before they kicked out Bob Stinson and started to go more commercial with latter releases.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

They were before they kicked out Bob Stinson and started to go more commercial with latter releases.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Anything by the Ramones.....
Minor Threat-Minor Threat
Vandels-Peace Through Vandalism/When In Rome Do as the Vandals

R~

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Anything by the Ramones.....
Minor Threat-Minor Threat
Vandels-Peace Through Vandalism/When In Rome Do as the Vandals

R~

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Dead Kennedys: either "Plastic Surgery Disasters" or "Frankenchrist." Both are excellent, and the CD of PSD includes the "In God We Trust, Inc." EP.

Misfits: as Aric stated, the coffin box set is probably the best way to go with them, but for a cheaper alternative, go with the "Collection 1" CD, which includes a good cross-section of the more "popular" Misfits songs.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Dead Kennedys: either "Plastic Surgery Disasters" or "Frankenchrist." Both are excellent, and the CD of PSD includes the "In God We Trust, Inc." EP.

Misfits: as Aric stated, the coffin box set is probably the best way to go with them, but for a cheaper alternative, go with the "Collection 1" CD, which includes a good cross-section of the more "popular" Misfits songs.

Black Flag - In addition to Damaged, The First Four Years is another great album. It combines several of the early 7" releases, in addition to a couple songs off compilation albums. My personal favorite Flag album is My War.

7 Seconds - The Crew & Walk Together, Rock Together.

Septic Death - Attention. This CD contains all of the tracks from the "Now That I Have Your Attention What Do I Do With It" LP, which in turn contains remixed tracks from the "Need So Much Attention" 12" EP, as well as tracks from other releases. Classic.

Circle Jerks - Group Sex and Wonderful are my favorites.

Dead Kennedys - The releases mentioned above are great, but my favorite is the much maligned Bedtime for Democracy.

Raw Power - Screams From the Gutter. Cool Italian hardcore.

Attitude Adjustment - American Paranoia. This album has some 'crossover' elements, but is just awesome.

DRI - Dealing With It. This is a pre-"DRI the metal band" release, although you can see where they were going to go in the future. 25 tracks of speedy fun.

Minor Threat - the self titled album mention above is a true classic. The Out Of Step EP had a more refined and better produced sound. You can get both on the Complete Discography CD.

Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster is my favorite.

I could go on, but I should get some work done!

Black Flag - In addition to Damaged, The First Four Years is another great album. It combines several of the early 7" releases, in addition to a couple songs off compilation albums. My personal favorite Flag album is My War.

7 Seconds - The Crew & Walk Together, Rock Together.

Septic Death - Attention. This CD contains all of the tracks from the "Now That I Have Your Attention What Do I Do With It" LP, which in turn contains remixed tracks from the "Need So Much Attention" 12" EP, as well as tracks from other releases. Classic.

Circle Jerks - Group Sex and Wonderful are my favorites.

Dead Kennedys - The releases mentioned above are great, but my favorite is the much maligned Bedtime for Democracy.

Raw Power - Screams From the Gutter. Cool Italian hardcore.

Attitude Adjustment - American Paranoia. This album has some 'crossover' elements, but is just awesome.

DRI - Dealing With It. This is a pre-"DRI the metal band" release, although you can see where they were going to go in the future. 25 tracks of speedy fun.

Minor Threat - the self titled album mention above is a true classic. The Out Of Step EP had a more refined and better produced sound. You can get both on the Complete Discography CD.

Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster is my favorite.

I could go on, but I should get some work done!

AricB

Second Unit
If it counts for anything, I was actually at the concert where the replacements actually broke up, just put down their stuff and walked off. I was kind of young, didnt really know who they were or what was going on but, I was there. Have to check out some earlier stuff.

I've always meant to pick up the revolting cocks, as I'm a huge ministry fan.

AricB

Second Unit
If it counts for anything, I was actually at the concert where the replacements actually broke up, just put down their stuff and walked off. I was kind of young, didnt really know who they were or what was going on but, I was there. Have to check out some earlier stuff.

I've always meant to pick up the revolting cocks, as I'm a huge ministry fan.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If we're talking about the original punk rock/new wave from the 70s, then there are no good albums, just brilliant singles.

There are some reasonable compilation albums (e.g. Sounds of the Suburbs, the Stiff Collection) but precious few. Your best bet is to make your own compilations.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If we're talking about the original punk rock/new wave from the 70s, then there are no good albums, just brilliant singles.

There are some reasonable compilation albums (e.g. Sounds of the Suburbs, the Stiff Collection) but precious few. Your best bet is to make your own compilations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks