What's new

best places for airline tickets? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if my finances work out right, i'll be flying to spain to see my gf in march. she is there getting her masters degree in spanish, and i think it would be a good opportunity to go see her. anyone know of good places/methods to get tickets? this will be my first flight as an adult, so basically i am a first time flyer. as long as i get there and back in one piece, i dont care how awful the flight is, as long as it is cheap :)

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
ive looked at a few places, and the prices are all over the map! (bad pun intended). i found prices from $314 (sold out of course) to $waytoomuch. when i go to these ticket search websites, am i essentially searching for the same tickets? seems that i should be, but some sites cant seem to find tickets below $1000.

CJ

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
If you post some dates and departure/arrival cities (or airport codes) some kind folks could help in your search.

Travelocity and Expedia are both good. If you are flexible, Priceline may be good, but you can't pick the time of day for your flights and you pay for the tickets before you know the details.

Things that help the most to lower the price are flexible departure times and an overnight Saturday stay.

Brian E

Screenwriter
If you don't mind not picking departure times you can save a lot using HotWire.com at least you can for domestic flights, haven't tried international.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well, my spring break goes from 3.12 - 3.21, so i was thinking from 3.13 - 3.19 or so. departure city is boston, arrival city is madrid. i'm not sure how flexible i can be on the times, i'll have to ask my gf. i could be more flexible if i were going to an english speaking country, but if she cant be there to pick me up, i'm lost :)

CJ

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Try this link; it e-mails fares to you so I couldn't find out the prices for you.

I've found one for $501 on Orbitz.com (Leave Saturday, Mar 13 Continental Airlines 863);
one for $527 @ Hotwire.com (but you can't see the airline or flight time until after purchase)
one for $526 @ Cheaptickets.com (Depart 6:20 pm 3/13 on KLM)

Those are some decent prices, methinks. I recall the $1000+ price on my flight from Nashville to Tokyo. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks