What's new

best place to buy sacd software, best place to find reviews... (1 Viewer)

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
i bought a 555 es player the other day from one call. it should arrive here tommorrow:)
i was wondering where you guys have been buying your sacd software as well as where reviews of the disk can be found. i ask because i know that some sacds definately sound better than others, problem being im not sure which are the better and which are the worse.
also, i know this will probably be covered in the manual, im a little excited though so im gonna ask anyways.....
is there a difference between using the left and right anolog outs on the 555 as oposed to using the left and right out of the 5.1 set.
thanks!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, congratulations on your purchase. I generally buy SACDs from Best Buy, Circuit City, and Tower Records. Note that Best Buy and Circuit City almost exclusively sell Sony SACDs. Most of the SACDs at Tower are Sony titles as well. I have read on Audio Asylum that Fry's out west sells SACDs at good prices, so if you have one in your area, check them out. Online resources for SACDs include:
www.cdnow.com
www.elusivedisc.com
www.acousticsounds.com
www.amusicdirect.com
www.towerrecords.com
www.superaudio-cd.com (European site that has some SACDs that are not available in the US)
As for reviews of SACDs, I would search the Hi-Rez Highway board on www.audioasylum.com . You will find a lot of good information there. Also, if you state your musical interests here, people could make suggestions of good titles to track down.

PomingF

Second Unit
I've ordered SACD's from musicdirect, Chesky, CDNow as well as bought from BB. Sony SACD prices have come down to now $17.99 across the board except BB would still price the Sony multi-channel versions $1 higher. Just found out after bringing home 5 SACD's from BB this past weekend that I made my third duplicated purchase (Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow) of my entire AV software collection. Boy, I must want that disc BAD. ;)
PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks