1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best of Route 66

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bob Hug, May 23, 2007.

1. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    What about trying that phone number to Infinity earlier in the thread?

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I'll see if I can give them a try today and post back any information, provided I can get an update from them.

3. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
  4. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I never heard back from Infinity, but the press release at TSOD is good enough for me. I think the release date of June 30 just might miss the DD/DVD Planet sale, though. Strangely, Infinity Entertainment's site still doesn't show this release . . .
    Infinity Entertainment Group
    But DD has it posted . . .
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=68466551
    But DVD Planet and Critics Choice do not. All of these companies are owned by Infinity Resources . . . . great example of lack of communication among subsidiary companies.
    Thanks for passing along the good news, Wayne.

5. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    I guess you'll have to wait until the NOVEMBER Sale. Who knows? perhaps they will have S3 V2 out by then and we'll be able to snatch them TOGETHER![​IMG]

6. Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker Screenwriter

Tim Tucker
    Or there will be a season box collecting V1 and V2, just like the past two seasons.

7. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

8. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
  9. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I guess that I'll never quite understand the idiosyncracies of the DVD releasing companies. Here we have season 3, volume 1 being released on June 30 with season 3, volume 2 released just two months later. Why not just combine them and release them as a single season? I know that you can make more money releasing them in the split season format (and I'm sure that's the reason for going this "route"), but with just a two month gap between the releases, why even bother? In any event, the fact that season 3 will be released in its entirety is a good thing, split seasons or not.

10. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

11. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Michael, you read my mind. I want the show, but finances are getting tighter so I'm going to wait on this one till it gets bundled in one season set for a discount. Holding off till November is what I'll be doing as well.
    Gary "looking for bargains is more a priority these days in my household" O.

12. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
    Right, now that we know the release of S3V2 is not dependent on sales of S3V1, it's okay to be a little patient or even prudent in picking them up. I hope the individual volumes are single DVD package size. But I'll probably get these as they come out.

13. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
  14. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

Indeed, Wayne not a very creative cover at all. It's what one would expect for a S1 release, to be followed up with covers featuring the boys in the susequent seasons. Oh well, at least it's coming, even if were back to split season releases.

15. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

Curt
    TVSoDVD now says a firm July 21st release.

16. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
    That gives Infinity plenty of time to pick a better cover. [​IMG]

17. Flashgear

Flashgear Screenwriter

Randall
    I absolutely agree that the cover is bland...I liked the art design for season 2, including that great photo of Maharis and Milner...and the 'Vette also...of course after all we've gone through with this series previous releases and the general anxiety of these times I'm just glad to get my hands on season 3 and go along for the ride along the highways and byways of "Route 66"...from Astoria Oregon through Chicago, Cleveland, St. Louis, Memphis, San Diego, Corpus Christi, Apache Junction Az,Houston, Galveston, Tampa, St. Petersburg...Whoo!...I've only seen about a half dozen of the 3rd season episodes lately...looking forward especially to seeing "A gift for a Warrior" (the late great James Whitmore, and the last of Buzz), "Suppose I said...Queen of Spain" (Robert Duvall), "Cruelest Sea..." (just wonder about the premise, allways been enchanted by Mermaids...used to date a synchro swimmer, Ha)..." What a Shining young Man..." (was this the first series American drama to depict returning Vietnam veterans? in 1963!) "Welcome to the wedding" (Ed Asner) is a great episode, as is "One Tiger to a hill" with David Jansen..."Shall forfeit his dog..." and, of course, "Give an old cat a Tender Mouse" with the radiant Julie Newmar...I may begin expressing myself in Silliphant quotes...

18. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
    Vicki, the sequel. Yeah, I'm all over that.
    I always said they should have spun another series off that premise: Kooky heiress rich girl tooling around the country on a motorcyle making waves in uptight little communties, and followed by a poor schmoe detective hired to keep her out of trouble and clean up her messes (and secretly in love with her). Still would make a great series. Just don't cast Paris Hilton.

19. Stephen Bowie

Stephen Bowie Stunt Coordinator

Well, just wait. What Silliphant chose to do in that script is, to put it mildly, a real head-scratcher....

20. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I received Critics Choice's latest mail order catalog and, surprise, it has not one but two listings (page 2 and the rear cover) for "Route 66: Complete Third Season." Naturally, when you go to Critics Choice's web site, http://www.ccvideo.com, there is no such listing! This is an 8-disc, 31-episode set according the the brief description and is listed as "A Critics Choice Exclusive!" The MSRP listed is $49.95 and is discounted to $39.96 plus shipping. There is no indication as to how long this might be an exclusive of CC. The cover artwork is different from what TVShowsonDVD has shown for season 3, volume 1.
    For the life of me, why not release this as a full season set everywhere rather than just at CC and dump the volume sets? My belief is that those interested in "Route 66" are in for the long haul on this series.