What's new

Best of Route 66 (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bob Hug said:
Still haven't heard back from Infinity Entertainment (and, at this point, don't expect to), but there may be some good news. Deep Discount is now showing a June 30th release date for season 3, volume 1. However, Infinity Entertainment's web site still isn't showing season 3, volume 1 but, in fairness, their new release listing only goes as far as June 23rd. Also, as of this writing, Infinity's other two on-line retailers, DVD Planet and Critics Choice, are still not showing any listing for season 3, volume 1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the listing at Deep Discount is legit since DD and Infinity Entertainment are both owned by Infinity Resources.
Movies Top Sellers - Route 66-3rd Season V.01
What about trying that phone number to Infinity earlier in the thread?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Hollywoodaholic said:
What about trying that phone number to Infinity earlier in the thread?
I'll see if I can give them a try today and post back any information, provided I can get an update from them.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I never heard back from Infinity, but the press release at TSOD is good enough for me. I think the release date of June 30 just might miss the DD/DVD Planet sale, though. Strangely, Infinity Entertainment's site still doesn't show this release . . .
Infinity Entertainment Group
But DD has it posted . . .
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...uctId=68466551
But DVD Planet and Critics Choice do not. All of these companies are owned by Infinity Resources . . . . great example of lack of communication among subsidiary companies.
Thanks for passing along the good news, Wayne.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Bob Hug said:
I never heard back from Infinity, but the press release at TSOD is good enough for me. I think the release date of June 30 just might miss the DD/DVD Planet sale, though.
Thanks for passing along the good news, Wayne.
I guess you'll have to wait until the NOVEMBER Sale. Who knows? perhaps they will have S3 V2 out by then and we'll be able to snatch them TOGETHER!:D

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I guess that I'll never quite understand the idiosyncracies of the DVD releasing companies. Here we have season 3, volume 1 being released on June 30 with season 3, volume 2 released just two months later. Why not just combine them and release them as a single season? I know that you can make more money releasing them in the split season format (and I'm sure that's the reason for going this "route"), but with just a two month gap between the releases, why even bother? In any event, the fact that season 3 will be released in its entirety is a good thing, split seasons or not.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Why not just combine them and release them as a single season? I know that you can make more money releasing them in the split season format (and I'm sure that's the reason for going this "route"), but with just a two month gap between the releases, why even bother?
Bob, I kind hate to do this but I think I'm going to wait until November to pick them both up at one time from DD. Who knows, maybe by then they'll release it separately as a season set after all. That would make, what, the 8th release for "Route 66"? I've lost count by now...

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
michael_ks said:
Bob, I kind hate to do this but I think I'm going to wait until November to pick them both up at one time from DD. Who knows, maybe by then they'll release it separately as a season set after all. That would make, what, the 8th release for "Route 66"? I've lost count by now...
Michael, you read my mind. I want the show, but finances are getting tighter so I'm going to wait on this one till it gets bundled in one season set for a discount. Holding off till November is what I'll be doing as well.
Gary "looking for bargains is more a priority these days in my household" O.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Right, now that we know the release of S3V2 is not dependent on sales of S3V1, it's okay to be a little patient or even prudent in picking them up. I hope the individual volumes are single DVD package size. But I'll probably get these as they come out.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Indeed, Wayne not a very creative cover at all. It's what one would expect for a S1 release, to be followed up with covers featuring the boys in the susequent seasons. Oh well, at least it's coming, even if were back to split season releases.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I absolutely agree that the cover is bland...I liked the art design for season 2, including that great photo of Maharis and Milner...and the 'Vette also...of course after all we've gone through with this series previous releases and the general anxiety of these times I'm just glad to get my hands on season 3 and go along for the ride along the highways and byways of "Route 66"...from Astoria Oregon through Chicago, Cleveland, St. Louis, Memphis, San Diego, Corpus Christi, Apache Junction Az,Houston, Galveston, Tampa, St. Petersburg...Whoo!...I've only seen about a half dozen of the 3rd season episodes lately...looking forward especially to seeing "A gift for a Warrior" (the late great James Whitmore, and the last of Buzz), "Suppose I said...Queen of Spain" (Robert Duvall), "Cruelest Sea..." (just wonder about the premise, allways been enchanted by Mermaids...used to date a synchro swimmer, Ha)..." What a Shining young Man..." (was this the first series American drama to depict returning Vietnam veterans? in 1963!) "Welcome to the wedding" (Ed Asner) is a great episode, as is "One Tiger to a hill" with David Jansen..."Shall forfeit his dog..." and, of course, "Give an old cat a Tender Mouse" with the radiant Julie Newmar...I may begin expressing myself in Silliphant quotes...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Flashgear said:
I absolutely agree that the cover is bland...I liked the art design for season 2, including that great photo of Maharis and Milner...and the 'Vette also...of course after all we've gone through with this series previous releases and the general anxiety of these times I'm just glad to get my hands on season 3 and go along for the ride along the highways and byways of "Route 66"...from Astoria Oregon through Chicago, Cleveland, St. Louis, Memphis, San Diego, Corpus Christi, Apache Junction Az,Houston, Galveston, Tampa, St. Petersburg...Whoo!...I've only seen about a half dozen of the 3rd season episodes lately...looking forward especially to seeing "A gift for a Warrior" (the late great James Whitmore, and the last of Buzz), "Suppose I said...Queen of Spain" (Robert Duvall), "Cruelest Sea..." (just wonder about the premise, allways been enchanted by Mermaids...used to date a synchro swimmer, Ha)..." What a Shining young Man..." (was this the first series American drama to depict returning Vietnam veterans? in 1963!) "Welcome to the wedding" (Ed Asner) is a great episode, as is "One Tiger to a hill" with David Jansen..."Shall forfeit his dog..." and, of course, "Give an old cat a Tender Mouse" with the radiant Julie Newmar...I may begin expressing myself in Silliphant quotes...
Vicki, the sequel. Yeah, I'm all over that.
I always said they should have spun another series off that premise: Kooky heiress rich girl tooling around the country on a motorcyle making waves in uptight little communties, and followed by a poor schmoe detective hired to keep her out of trouble and clean up her messes (and secretly in love with her). Still would make a great series. Just don't cast Paris Hilton.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I received Critics Choice's latest mail order catalog and, surprise, it has not one but two listings (page 2 and the rear cover) for "Route 66: Complete Third Season." Naturally, when you go to Critics Choice's web site, http://www.ccvideo.com, there is no such listing! This is an 8-disc, 31-episode set according the the brief description and is listed as "A Critics Choice Exclusive!" The MSRP listed is $49.95 and is discounted to $39.96 plus shipping. There is no indication as to how long this might be an exclusive of CC. The cover artwork is different from what TVShowsonDVD has shown for season 3, volume 1.
For the life of me, why not release this as a full season set everywhere rather than just at CC and dump the volume sets? My belief is that those interested in "Route 66" are in for the long haul on this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks