What's new

Best ninja movies? (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am starting to think that nobody reads any of my posts.lol.

Matt, that site is a very, very funny site.

"Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window."

I laugh every time I see that site.

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
OMG, realultimatepower.net is the funniest place I have ever seen. Never did I think such a site would make it to HTF. What a small world- I am gonna have to check out some of these bad ninjas movies, cause I bet they are totally sweet.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'll have to back up Revenge of the Ninja...my first R-rated romp on video. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. And I still do, suckas. Never bet on a whitey Ninja.

What was the Ninja TV show from the mid-80's. Kid and tutor are being hunted in America...he grew up in Japan...blah, blah, blah, evil ninjas chasing him? (EDIT: Disregard my friends, it was THE MASTER!)

Talk to me!

Take care,

Chuck

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
jeremiah... i'm such a fool. i just checked back to see if anyone had posted anything and while scolling the page i saw your post about the official ninja webpage. my first thought was "please let his post be after mine. i'm not the fool here, am i?"
yup. i'm the idiot. :b
to answer oliver's question re: ninja scroll... it is a sweet movie, however animated characters look cool in ninja gear... people look like they're fighting in pyjammas. :D

Todd_B

Second Unit
Speaking of The Master I just want to let everyone know that I would snatch that series up in a heartbeat!
Great TV :D
I'll also mention Revenge of the Ninja and The Hunted as great choices.
Todd B

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Best Ninja movie?
The only one I know of where there's much of an appearance by a Ninja is in Top Gun--but the bike Cruise was riding was the original 1985 Kawasaki ZX908R Ninja, which has since been superceded by much-higher-performance models (the Ninja ZX12R, for example).
:)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Ninja Scroll rocks tha hizzouse!

I'm not sure if Princess Mononoke counts as "ninja", but it's cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet.

I'm also getting into Rurouni Kenshin. I've only got the first 2 TV DVDs and the OVAs, but I like what I see so far.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
I have to admit that American Ninja is great as a cheesy movie, and I had my Tivo get it last month off of TNT. Nextto that... all the good Ninja movies seem to be Anime... Ninja Scroll, and others like that... I'm not good at recommening them, but give a look to AnimeOnDVD which is just a cool website.
Jim

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
When I was a kid, I watched a ninja movie that my brother rented. I remember vividly a scene in which nude women were playing volleyball. Anyone know what this movie might be?

~T

Gruson

Second Unit
My favorites were always:

Revenge of the Ninja (best ever)

and Pray for Death

Sho Kosugi is the master!

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I wasn't aware that American Ninja was available on DVD! It's even anamorphic! Now if they'd just release the first sequel (the third and fourth one lost the charm of the first two), I'd be even happier.

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I would have to say the best ninja flicks were the Sho Kosugi movies from the early to mid 80s. My personal favorite was Enter the Ninja closely followed by Ninja 3: The Domination. I remember the woman in that movie being really hot - of course, I was 13 years old at the time!
There was also a great TV show called The Master that ran for a season or two. Lee Van Cleef and Sho Kosugi starred.
A really obscure movie to look for is Link Removed. This movie featured Stephen K. Hayes who really did study traditional (Bujinkan) ninjutsu in Japan.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
jeremiah... i'm such a fool. i just checked back to see if anyone had posted anything and while scolling the page i saw your post about the official ninja webpage. my first thought was "please let his post be after mine. i'm not the fool here, am i?"
Hey, my real ultimate power reference is before his, even! ;)
I lose points for not giving the URL, though, I suppose.

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
so by some dumb luck "american ninja" was on tnn last night. as i turned it on it just happened to be at the scene where joe and jackson fight with the hose and water bucket. switching back and forth between that and the invisible buffy episode i came back to "american ninja" to see joe delivering a shipment of goods to a warehouse only to be ambushed by about a million ninjas...

guys... this is one of the worst movies i've ever seen. the production value was no better than any 70's cop show, the staging was brutal, the fights felt like they might have rehearsed them once or twice before shooting 'cause everyone moved as though they were affraid they were gonna hurt someone.... ugh... please tell me that the other suggested movies are better.

thank god "back to the future" was also on tv last night.

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
oh and i'd like to add that if we could get 100 times more posts in this thread, we'd easily trounce that official star wars episode 2 thread! :D

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Um, can we get back to something that Thi Them said for a second? Am I to understand that somewhere out there is a movie that contains nude women playing volleyball and ninjas? Sweet heavens why haven't I heard of this?!?! :)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dave, you understand correctly. I remember the ninjas were spying at a nudist camp, where the volleyball scene occurred.

~T

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Thi,
Have you checked out AFI's 100 Greatest Movies list?
Surely a film with Nude Volleyball and Ninjitsu could not be overlooked :p)
I meant that,
Chuck
ED: for spelling ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks