What's new

Best HT System for less than $1500 (1 Viewer)

RichJ

Auditioning
I am searching for a HT system for $1500 or less. This would be for the receiver, speakers, and DVD player. I have done a lot of looking, and here is what I come
up with so far:
Receiver
Denon Model: AVR-1802
$499 at Good Guys
or Yamaha Model 5460
$499 at Sears
Speakers
Energy Take 5+1
$599 at Good Guys
DVD Player
Toshiba SDK700
$189 at Costco
or Panasonic CV36VK
$219 at Costco
That brings it to around $1300, with $100 left for interconnects (is that enough?)and tax. All comments and
recommendations are Highly valued.
Rich

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Okay. Try this:
Onkyo TX-DS595 - $350 from www.jandr.com (authorized dealer)
Panasonic RV-31 - $180 (including free shipping from Amazon.com)
Paradigm Titan fronts, Atom rears, CC-170 center - $575
Adire Audio Rava - $400
Just over $1,500 for an excellent system that you should have for long time to come. Look at other speakers as well, such as nOrh, Ascend Acoustics, Axiom, NHT, Home Theater Direct, etc.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Rich,
If you shop around, you can surely get a better deal on your equipment. If you don't mind going used on the speakers you can surely pick up some premium quality ones at a good price. Look online for your receiver and DVD player and price match at sears.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never buy anything electronic (HT related anyway) at Sears, and they no longer price match ANY price, only websites THEY approve.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on November 15, 2001 at 12:42 PM]

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
I second BryanZ's recommendation for the Paradigms only I might get 4 Atoms as fronts/surrounds since I like them better than the Titans for everything except bass and you would have a great sub in the Rava to take care of that. The point of this is that speaker preference is totally subjective so try to listen to as many possibilites as you can and get what sounds good to YOU. And if you audition Paradigms, you might find that you agree with Bryan and like the Titans better, and that would fine. Enjoy.
Regards, Nick

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Zeros do not have enough bass, even WITH a sub. Super Ones would be better. (not to mention the Super series of NHT have been discontinued).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks