What's new

Best Home Theater I've Seen On The Net! (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
biggrin.gif

http://www.subcentral.ch/
This is no doubt the best home theater that I've seen on the net!
This theater looks better than the ones on tktheaters.com or cineloungers.com
Don't think there are any that can top this one!
------------------
http://geocities.com/myhometheater/

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
Uh, are we sure this is a home theater? That's an awful big room and some pretty commercial looking doors. Just curious...

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Hey, Jerry.... How's home theater life in the birthplace of Elvis? :)
I don't think a commercial theater would use a video projector, but you are right about those doors. Very professional, as is the concession area. Judging by all those seats, this guy must have a lot of friends!
Anyway, you can get stuff translated athttp://babelfish.altavista.com/tr. I pasted the opening text from that page into that site. The German-to-English translation it gave me was...
Welcomely on the future homepage of Subcentral - the home cinema of the superlative... We load you to along-pursue the career/development of Subcentral (almost real-time). This page is completed constantly with pictures, which document the working progress.
------------------
Mike Brantley
Our Theater:
Mike & Cheryl's Screening Room

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This is a most impressive project. If I had had the amount of room that these fellows have, I would have liked to incorporate some more of the elemnts that they did. Instead, within the restrictions of a 15'x22' space I had to make a few compromises.
The important thing here, of course, is what everything looks (and sounds) like once the lights go down and the film starts. If you are happy with what you have, then you've reached your own personal nirvana.
And this can be achieved at many different levels on widely varying budgets. In other words, there are many roads to HT satisfaction. What pages like these do is to give people ideas regardingt a variety of approches to our common goal. And language really was not a barrier here, since the since is almost completely in the "pictorial" format.
Reminded me a bit of Roy Doty's "Wordless Workshop" that appeared (appears?) for many years in Popular Mechanics.
SEHR GÜT!
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

GlennG

Auditioning
ok fine.......
I don't mind takin second place!!
laugh.gif

------------------
Link Removed
------------------
The Theater can be seen here:
Link Removed
Glenn
[email protected]
[Edited last by GlennG on July 17, 2001 at 01:24 AM]

Tyler

Stunt Coordinator
Thats a sweet looking theater but i betcha the sound quality is not all that great.
If i had that theater and that kind of money i would buy four Stryke HE15's and two Samason S1000 pro amp which has 500 watts a side hopfuly thats a good amount of power to drive them.
One day i when i'm older i would like to design a theater like that but a little smaller & use two stryke he15's

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
OK, that's pretty amazing, but I wonder if something like that isn't so big and extensive that it loses the "home" in home theater? I think I'd feel lonely in there watching with only one or two people.
I guess I like a more homey feel. I admit it is a most impressive achievement in any case, and I do like the star ceiling (on Jens' theater as well.)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
All these posts serve to point out that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and that the "ideal" HT can come in many flavors.
To me, the important thing, as I said before, is what everything looks and sounds like once the lights are turned down and the show starts and there are many ways to go. This is all related to a discussion that we have had on previous occasions regarding te definition of a "Home Theater." You ask 20 people this question you are bound to get 20 different answers and who's to say who is right? Actually they all are. A person on a plane watching a portable DVD player with quality headphones can be immersed in the movie experience to the same extent as the person sitting in a megabuck installation.
This evening I attended a film series at a local theater that has just been refurburshed at great expense as an "art" theater and is quite a nice environment for watching movies. I couldn't help but make comparisons to my own HT and, from where is was sitting, felt a certain pride in knowing that I can create the same experience in my own home on my own terms and schedule.
What's the best HT?
They all are!
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Tyler

Stunt Coordinator
I soooooooooooooooo wish i had a theater like that
it would be fun building it
Lucky SOB

David Klem

Agent
Parker...
And also in the local newspaper. :)
I went and saw it last week...it's a fantastic theater! Love the stars on the ceiling! Thanks for having me over Glenn!
Dave
------------------

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Jerry.... How's home theater life in the birthplace of Elvis?
Beautiful. Thank ya very much...
wink.gif

BTW, I wasn't suggesting that it was a commercial theater we were looking at, thought maybe it was some corporate retreat or some such.
Jerry
[Edited last by JerryHatchett on July 29, 2001 at 08:56 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks