What's new

Best football game for PS2... Madden? (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I'm gonna pick up my PS2 tomorrow. I'll probably start with 2-3 games to begin with... one of which I'd like to have be a football game. I know there's a few available on PS2... is Madden 2001 the best? i.e., graphics and gameplay? I'm not all that concerned with a ton of statistical data... at least not right now.
Scott.
------------------
Scott's DVD List

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Madden is the one. In the name of all that is holy, stay away from that crap that 989 put out.
eek.gif

------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Of course, as someone from the UK I have to point out that the best _football_ game on consoles is ISS Pro Evolution 2. That strange Rugby variant you Americans play is a completely different game :)
------------------
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case" - Thom Yorke

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
If you're just now going to buy Madden, I would recommend waiting. It's a great game and all, but the new version (called, er, Madden NFL 2002) will be in stores in about two months. There's not going to be a huge difference in terms of gameplay, graphics, and things like that, but it should be at least a little better in every area.
From IGN:http://ps2.ign.com/previews/16228.html

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
Unfortunately, I'm just getting around to the PS2 now. I did read somewhere Madden 2002 coming out in August. It's honestly not that important to me... with everyone raving about Madden 2001 and it getting such great reviews, I'm going to go ahead and just pick this one up for the time being.
Thanks everyone!
Scott.
------------------
Scott's DVD List

Stephen L

Second Unit
I love Madden 2001 but the DB coverage drives me crazy.Way too many 78yard TD catches given up with my DB going for the interception and getting out of position.I hope they fix this.Take a look at NBA Street , ATV Offroad , SSX and maybe RedFaction .
------------------
Steve

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Yup, Madden should be the best PS2 football game for a while. At least until Visual Concepts' (Sega) NFL 2K2 is released anyway. That's what EA gets for letting teams go...

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
If you want the best football game for the PS2, I would suggest you wait until SEGA Sports NFL2K2 is released. This series is waaaayyyyyy better than the Madden series, which hasn't attempted something new in quite a few years.
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks