What's new

best dvd player for around $100 (1 Viewer)

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
i just bought the denon 1804 with energy 5.2's. also planning to buy a dayton 10' to go with it. what dvd should i buy to go with this setup. BTW i have a non hdtv. i want the best quality for cheap money. i can get a new denon 910 from ebay for around $180 but if any cheaper players would do the sae job, den plz let me KNOE!!

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a standard, 4:3, non-HD set, pretty much any of the models from the major manufacturers (Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Toshiba etc.) will do.

Personally, I'd recommend either Sony or Pioneer, as they do the best job of downconverting 16:9 material to a standard television.

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
do you think a denon 910 will have any picture effect on my non hdtv and it may help in teh future if i upgrade to a hdtv

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
The main strength of the Denon is its deinterlacing, so it won't make a difference on a set that can't display a progressive signal. The Denon also has a noticeably soft picture, so it might well look worse than a cheaper player on your set.

Unless you plan on getting a new set in the next couple of months, I'd say you're probably better off getting a cheap player for now, then upgrading after you've bought an HD set.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It would be helpful if we knew what kind of display is involved. Does it by any chance have a 16:9 mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks