What's new

Best buy dvd player.... $39.99 (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
BB is selling a Polariod DVD Player model DVP-1000 for 49.99 (with the $10 mail in rebate the final price is 39.99). No progressive, no digital audio out. Just a basic dvd player. Hey I always wanted a dvd plaer for the bedroom.

I nearly laughed when the cashier asked me if I wanted to buy a service plan for $29.99.

Got one today maybe another tomorrow (for my cottage), I of course will have to use diffrent adress for second rebate

Anyone hear anything good bad about this player.

Signed
Ed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Recommendation: go to Radio Shack and spend $10-ish more for the Cyberhome 500. It has the other outputs and is multi-region to boot. I have one and it works great. Search this very section for a very long thread about that player.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Thanks David,

I may take your advice. But then again I could always buy an apex dvd player which is the best of the cheap dvd players.

Signed
Ed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ugh...I've seen Apex machines literally falling apart on the shelves at the store where the demo units are lined up. I've been scared to ever buy one.

I think the Cyberhome is a terrific little doo-dad for the money I paid for it. And now it's cheaper!

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Yes but you probably don't use svcds or have ever used the "make your own screen on an apex".

Example when I turn on my pioneer 434 the screen displays a white screen with PIONEER written in a reddish color on some of the apex machines you can make it say what ever you want like welcome to Ed's home theater. They are alos region disabled as well as "mac attacked".

I've had my apex for a few years now and it was alot cheaper than the others on the shelves. I paid $50

Just my 2 cents
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks