What's new

BenQ Projector Problem Pls Help (1 Viewer)

Erick.L

Auditioning
I have a PE8720 that I purchased and installed 30 days ago. Last week the display began to show black vertical lines approximately 1/2" thick and spaced every 4" (my screen is 106"). I have disconnected the video source, unplug the projector for 24 hours then powered the unit up. When the display was illuminated (at start up) the lines are still there. I have emailed BenQ and contacted my dealer today but have not heard anything yet. Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric

Erick.L

Auditioning
An update,
The problem was the color wheel. Apparently this is common in the 8700. THe sad part of the story is the POOR customer service by Benq. They did not support their dealer at all. I have gone through 5 projectors and two months before I finally have one that works.
The first replacement arrived with scratches on it and a refurb sticker. This was returned. The second replacement arrived scratched, with grease on the projector and 437 hours on the bulb. The third arrived with a noisy fan. The last one finally arrived and has worked fine.
My suggestion if anyone is considering a Benq projector buy it on the internet. You will receive the same poor customer service as you would through a brick and mortar dealer. If the dealer has the projectors in stock and is willing to trade with you then this would be my only option. But if you have to go though as many projectors as I did I do not think any B&M dealer will provide that many replacements.
My opinion is to avoid Benq unless you are prepared to be without a projector. The product is good but not worth the aggravation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks