What's new

Pre-Order Bend of the River (1952) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
109118_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder if this is a new transfer or the same master used on the German BD. Either way, I'm always happy for any Jimmy Stewart to come out in Zone A/Region 1 and will be happy to support this release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is really great news. Hopefully it will be remastered to the quality that this wonderful movie deserves!

Regards
Kino hasn't noted any restoration work in the specs. located in the Kino thread as they did with Becky Sharp.

Pictureman

Agent
Real Name
Frank
My brothers and I grew up on Universal-International at the Sunday mattinee and nothing recalls those days better than this picture starting up to Mr Salter's wonderful music. It really needs good sound to do it justice, and reviews of the German disk are mixed.

Last edited:

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly Julie Adams who plays the female lead seems to have been called Julia Adams on most if not all film posters from the 50s.

She sadly passed away last Sunday and I just received a mail from the Munich film museum who are showing a double feature of Bend of the River and Creature from the Black Lagoon to honor her. I think she would have liked that as these were two of her favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks