What's new

Belden vs. Canare (1 Viewer)

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
I posed this question a few weeks ago and was confused by the replies so I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure it out.

I love the DIY ideas found in Chris Whites (at least i think it was his!) "A really easy way to make top quality audio/video cables" but have read on other sites that Belden is superior due to its Teflon shield. Jon Risch seems to disagree with the Canare use. Reading his info I get the impression that he probably has a lot higher resolution gear than I do and that I might not hear the difference anyway, but before I invest in the cable making equipment I figured I would ask here.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Bill

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
From what I understand the Belden 89259 is better because of the shielding and copper braid. The Belden is also much more expensive and I don't think it is sold by the foot. Minimum order is 100 ft rolls. I have made several cables from the Canare wire using Canare connectors and feel like I have a high quality product. The only issue I have is the wire I used is stiff and when there are 10 cables stuck into the back of the pre/pro it is hard to manipulate in and out of the rack. Canare does offer a more flexible wire at a higher price(LV77). I have not done any comparisons between wires as my system is not yet able to discern any difference, but it's getting there. For the value minded the Canare is very much worth what you get. I hear from many golden eared folks that the Canare beats several levels of Monster hands down.

My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks