What's new

Belden vs Canare Cable (1 Viewer)

Larry Proud

Auditioning
I am getting ready to build my own cables and I would like to be able to use one die if possible. For video is there any difference in picture quality between Belden 1695A and Canare LV-77S? How about for interconnects?

I have a "Mid-Fi" home theater - Mitsu 55" Diamond HDTV, Mitsu HD box, Denon 4800 receiver, Panasonic RP91 DVD, and Def Tech BP2000Tl L&R, 3000 CLR, BPV/X surrounds. My thinkin is since the Canare LV77S is stranded wire it would be easier to work with (more flexible) and my system and my ears couldn't tell the difference.

All comments are appreciated.

Larry

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Larry,

No experience with the Canare cable, but use 1694 exclusivley. I think spec to spec Belden slighlty edges out the Canare (dont have the LV77s specs in front of me) but its minimal. 1695 is basically the same cable as 1694 except it uses Beldens Flamearrest jacket. No worse or better for signal though. Canare makes great connectors and dies for these cables (not cheap). The 1694 is slightly stiff but is very managable and if you plan on using it for digital signals, the solid conductor offers a little advantage there.

Bill

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Larry,

You could use just the LV-77S for everything and it should be fine. The Belden 1694A would require not only a different crimp die but different RCA's. You could use the Canare L-5CFB which is very similar to the Belden 1694A (both are solid core) but has slightly lower specs. The difference should not be noticeable. It would work with the same crimp die as the LV-77S, but would still require different RCA's.

If you don't mind the higher price of the LV-77S over the L-5CFB it will be great for an all purpose cable and is very easy to route due to it's flexibility.

Brian

joy

Auditioning
Hi Larry,

I am also in your neck of the woods. I am also doing some cables for my own. I did consider your specs earlier but later moved to belden 1695A with RCAP5 canare connectors. I concluded from diffrent forums that, the canare brand is expensive vs Belden which is affordable.

I was thinking if you and I could share the expertise in making some, this could mutually benefit. I do have the canare RCAP5 die. Need to buy the connectors ....

Let me know . FYI ... my page 214-439-4344.

Let me know if you are intrested ...

Thanks,

Joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks