What's new

Belden 1855 mini cable BNC connectors... (1 Viewer)

Chuck Paskovics

Stunt Coordinator
I need some recommendations on some good bnc connectors to put on my belden 1855 cables. I'm using them for component cables.

I got these:
http://www.appliedtel.com/Site/Shop/...aspx?prdID=516

And they didn't work well at all. After crimping the more or less fell off or failed to make a connection. Obvioulsy I did something wrong, but I pushed the wire up as best I could. I got no results once they were all connected, and most eventually fell out when I mounted them in the wall.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
mini-coax is one evil piece to have to work with. Even the pros I've seen working it spend a lot of time on each individual connector, generally cursing under their breath as to why they just didn't pull 5 RG-6 cables in.

A word of test-advice, however, after crimping, the connector should be able to withstand, oh, at least 10 pounds of pull force. So once you think you have it, don't be gentle, and you may save yourself some disappointment.

I, personally, have never worked with the thin stuff, so all I can really do is offer you luck.

Leo

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Go to the Belden website. Someplace they have a "Connector Cross Reference" chart which will tell you what connectors work for each of their cables. Then try Markerteck or an electronics supply house to get the connectors that match that cable.

(This is why I like the Canare stuff: cables, connectors, strippers, crimpers - all from the same company).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks