What's new

Beavis & Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 3 (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

Only news of a box set was going to be the 3 Volumes and the B&B Do America:The Edition That Doesn't Suck Special Edition.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That's strange, the way the add reads it's assumed that the episodes are Beavis and Butthead episodes. ARGH!!! I haven't purchased my set yet so I can't verify what's what.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

there were 42 episodes on the TSOD list, and there are 42 episodes on the DVD set I bought at Target.

At first I thought "Frog Baseball" was an exclusive episode but then I noticed on several websites that it's listed.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

They may be B&B eps.. but that ad also reads like there is another disc in the sets, too. The only reason I'm questioning if they are B&B cartoons is due to that "Milton" cartoon being on the BB bonus disc. Makes me think there's a shot there are two "Milton" cartoons on the Target set. Seems odd they don't specifically advertise it as B&B episodes in the ad...

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
We guys, I hit 2 more Target stores today after work and they were all the same. I d-checked the tags on the endcaps where they were stored and they do specify B&B cartoons. Guess I'm gonna have to sit down and compare my set to my friend's set. Cannot help but wonder if something went wrong with the Target stores and they just never came in? Don't know if it would help to contact Target to see if I can find anything out. Well, got 90 days to make the exchange if they do somehow pop up. Any other info would be appreciated if anyone finds out more.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I also checked two other Targets, and their stock was the same. I asked an employee at each store about it, and they had no idea, so they checked the stock in the backroom. None of their copies had any sort of labels either.

I asked if it was possible that they had already sold out of the exclusive versions, and one employee said "no", since only "a couple" copies had sold since Tuesday.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Guess its just going to come down to sitting and watching two set of episodes unless someone else can come up with something. If I didn't have so much work to do I'd call out tomorrow to figure this out. There's always the weekend.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

If your set did not have a sticker on the actual package stating the bonus episodes were included, there is no need to bother. Marked sets were out there. I realize the label on the end cap where the sets were displayed made it sound like every set included the bonus episodes, but since some sets were marked and some weren't, I'd imagine it's just like every other limited bonus promotion.

I'm kicking myself now for not picking up one of the marked sets when I saw them. It sounds like this may end up being as rare as the BB Friday the 13th bonus disc. The few marked sets that were at my local Target yesterday were gone today.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
This really sucks if that is the case. I went to 5-7 different Target stores and they all were the same. Guess I'll just have to keep checking back to see when they get more in. Just kinda hard to beleive that all the stores I hit did not have one single copy with any kind of sticker on it. WTF??? Guess I'll keep my eye on ebay.

EDIT: Wrote to Target through their website. Doubt I hear anything back but if I do I'll pass it along.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Looked over the discs last night and found NO difference between the 2 sets. Guess I got screwed over. Thanks Target. Might as well change there name to Best Buy. Guess I'll just keep looking. Still waiting to hear back from Target. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Sorry guys, it was advertised in the ad. I didn't think that Target would release a very limited supply of them. I'm upset as well that I reported this information to you guys and I feel bad about this whole thing. I would have thought that Target would have supplied its stores with plenty of copies and this is the first time since the five years I've worked there that thyis has happened.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Target and Paramount share the blame in this situation. Paramount should have made more of the exclusive discs and if they were going to be advertising the cartoons, Target should have made sure that the number of exclusive copies that they were getting was at least close to the total number of copies that they ordered.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
It's cool Mark, not like you had anything to do with the distribution. You just posted what you knew at the time. I went through the same thing when the "Jackass" box set came out and Target had an exclusive bonus disc. Could not find one to save my life but after a few weeks went by I actually found a couple at my local Target that had none whatsoever after the set came out on release day. I'll just keep checking back at the stores. Has anyone got a set with this bonus material????

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Response from Target.com:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the advertised Beavis and Butthead: The Mike
Judge collection Vol. 3 DVD set.

I'm sorry, but the version you purchased was the regular, non-exclusive DVD. The
exclusive DVD was available in limited quantities as indicated in the ad. I
apologize for any frustration or disappointment this may have caused.

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Daniel
Target Guest Relations
www.target.com
[THREAD ID:1-27H6S1]

Oh well! Gave it a shot.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I can tell you that the Target that I work at never got any of those exclusive sets. I suspect that the second Target in my area didn't get any of these sets either. I plan on purchasing a set and then exchanging the set at a later date if any of the exclusive sets come in.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Good question but since nobody has seemed to have gotten a set with the supposed bonus disc, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks