What's new

Beavis & Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 3 (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, everyone. There is a Target exclusive with the third collection. The third volume contains two "Target Exclusive" episodes in the third set. I thought I'd pass this information onto everyone.

;)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Have no idea. I'm in charge of stocking entertainment at the store I work at and the ad for this week indicates two exclusive episodes for the Target copies that they're selling.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
sounds like I'll do my buying it from Target. I wish Mike Judge would release the early episodes on DVD. Only about three episodes on Vol. 1 were from 1993, the rest were 94-95.

I agree that 1994-1995 were definately the "glory years" of Beavis And Butt-Head, but it was those crude underdeveloped 1993 episodes which made them a sensation in the first place. Much like how crude and different the really early South Park episodes look now, but it was still the way the show was when we first fell in love with it.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm just hoping that MJ will release the entire series in a limited edition boxed set ... it would be cool to give the fans an opportunity to purchase the series in its entirety.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Your chances of owning every episodes are probably nil anyway, as Mike Judge seems to want to withhold some episodes altogether, probably more than just two of them.

Even if he did relent and give the fans the "ultimate" boxset with all episodes present and accounted for, how much do you want to bet that all of the "fire" episodes would still be edited, and that the early non-MTV episodes wouldn't be includes, or even more edits througout the series?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
curiously, why are the "fire fire fire fire" episodes still edited? that was 13 years ago and the people buying the sets are mostly people who watched the show during its original run and not 5 year olds that would set houses on fire over it.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I bought the Vol. 3 set at Target, but there was no bonus DVD inside. TVShowsOnDVD.com indicated there was a bonus disc, but the sign at Target just said "contains 2 bonus cartoons and more".

I'm thinking the bonus material is actually included on disc three, but there is no printed indication on the packaging. None of the sets in the store had any sort of sticker or markings as "Target exclusive", as they normally do.

Does anyone know the scoop on this situation? I want to make sure I have the bonus material as advertised.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
same here Matt, no bonus disc and I also looked at the third disc and didn't notice any bonus episodes

BrandonJF

Second Unit

When I was at Target, there were stickers on the sets that mentioned the exclusive 2 cartoons. It's sounding like some stores either didn't get any of the "exclusive" sets or they didn't put them out.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Did anyone pick of Vol. 3 of the Beavis & Butthead Mike Judge Collection from Target? They had advertised it as coming with 2 new to DVD cartoons but I have not seen any special packaging for this volume at 3 different stores I went to. The sign was there stating this though on the end cap display. Out of all the copies I had seen there was no labels or anything on the packages. Of course asking someone is the same as looking at the end cap since they only work there and don't know what your talking about half the time. Can anyone chime in as to what is added to this "Target Exclusive" as compared to the same set from someplace else? Thanks!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The 2 bonus episodes are supposed to be included on the DVD itself. Exclusives just6 mean that it'll have something that's been added as an extra exclusive to the item itself. With CD's, they usually add an exclusive song that's only available at that store, same with DVD's.

From the infomration I have, the ad sign for the item says that the bonus episodes are on one of the DVD's themselves.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Mark, thanks for chiming in on this one. It was almost confusing the way the ad read and store was advertising it on their endcap. The "GET TWO CARTOONS NEVER BEFORE ON DVD" made me think there was a bonus disc in the pack. Guess I'll have to sit down and compared them disc for disc against a set that my friend bought from Best Buy. Is there an easier way to find these differences by just using the menu screen on the player or by using the PowerDVD player on my computor? These type of advertisements p*ss me off because when they do not put any kind of stickers or whatnot on the packs, your not sure if your getting what you think you are and God forbid you ask an employee who is suppossed to be knowledgeable in that area. Just love the blank stares I get or they look at me like I got lobsters crawling otta my ears. Best Buy was notorious for this on some DVDs that were "Best Buy Exclusives" only to find out that you had to go through piles of the title just to find a small sticker letting you know that you are getting the "Exclusive". item. (Circuit City can be just as bad). Went through this with this same title for Vol. 2. Tons of them without stickers for an "Exclusive Bonus Disc" and only like 4 that actually had some kind of marking on the packs. I know that this is mearly a marketing ploy for these retailers but sometimes think its not worth the trouble. Just put the bonus material on the sets right from the factory and be done with it already. Seems like you can't swing a dead *** without hitting some retailer offering this or that just so you will buy from them. Big business BS. Anyway now that my rant is over, thanks again Mark for clarifying this. Looks like I'll be getting my fill of B&B this weekend!

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I'll be surrpised if the 2 bonus cartoons are even Beavis and Butthead episodes. There are a couple of "new to DVD" cartoons on the BB bonus disk, too, from what I hear - a "Milton" cartoon and some other old Mike Judge cartoon. The Target ad just says "Two Cartoons Never Before on DVD" - doesn't say they are B&B cartoons, which is why I held off of picking it up from Target. And, so far, nobody has been able to tell what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks