What's new

beauty and the beast-toshiba trouble (1 Viewer)

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
just got my copy this morning and i gave up watching it after 45 minutes.during the first 45 minutes alone the picture kept jumping and skipping at 5 different times,always at chapter changes.am very dissapointed in this,I dont know how often it does it after 45 minutes as i gave up watching it.I was watching the special edition version and my player is a toshiba 3107.

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
LEE,

THIS A REGION 1 DVD,AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW IN THE UK WE CAN SOMETIMES GET REGION 1 DVDS EARLY.AT LEAST i CAN TRY REGION 2/4 WHEN IT IS RELEASED OVER HERE.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It certainly seems that Toshiba has had the most reported problems over the past couple of years, especially on Disney dvds.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The older models seem to in some cases although ever since I did a code upgrade on mine, every disk works fine.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My Toshiba 1600 (knock on wood) hasn't ever had a single problem with a Disney DVD--and I have many (most all of the animated features). (Knock on wood again). I really don't want to have any problems with Beauty And The Beast. (Will be knocking on wood most of the evening and into tomorrow.)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I hope it freezes up on every player except Pioneers ;)
(If it does, I won't know, since I won't be buying it unless they fix Monsters Inc.)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I have a Toshiba 2109 which is a very old model, and the only problem (besides slow-loading menus) have been

1) Not being able to access most of the extras on Godfather Collection Extras disc
2) Not being able to access the "Story" section on Disc 3 of the Ultimate Toy Box (which happens to be where the Easter Egg is hidden too)

Handled the Monsters, Inc. layer change fine. Hopefully, it will handle B & B okay too.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Disney, sadly, isn't the only culprit behind Toshiba woes.

I had spent the better part of this past summer trying to convince Columbia Tristar Home Video to re-press their Memento: Limited Edition. According to their own investigation, the chronological-order feature on disc 2 won't play properly on 2 out of every 3 early-generation Tosh players. I have an SD-2150, and it's in that unlucky group. CTHV's advice? Get a new player. This is after I spent $40 to upgrade the firmware. Is there a rep at this forum for CTHV? I appear to have hit a dead end.

Godfather supp disc and Monsters Inc. have played fine for me, however.

Back on my meds,

CS

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
No problems on my Toshiba. I went through the SE and some of the Work in Progress. I only looked at a few things on disc 2 so far.
Damn nice set if you ask me, btw. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks