Beauty and The Beast audio dropouts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LarryE, Oct 8, 2002.

1. LarryE

LarryE Stunt Coordinator

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed ( I did a thread search and nothing came up ), but I just purchased Beauty and The Beast, and there were at least 5 episodes of audio drop out. I own a Denon DVD player (first generation), and have never had any technical glitches with this machine. Any one else having similar problems? I also wonder about my receiver, which is also a Denon. Thanks for the input.

2. David Stone

David Stone Stunt Coordinator

At what min/sec points in the disc does the audio drop out? Also, which version of the film are you watching?

3. LarryE

LarryE Stunt Coordinator

I was watching the special edition version, and the first dropout was about the 18 minute mark. There were several more episodes. But here is the weird thing, I skipped back and replayed these areas, and there was no drop out. In fact, when the audio drops out, it goes completely silent. I put in my new Hard Day's Night DVD, and it plays perfectly. I think my Denon player may be incompatible with this disc. I didn't have any problems with the Snow White classic release however.